Case studies - how has your electric bike changed your life?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Excellent. I'm surprised they chose a crossbar rather than step-through. Especially for that job which requires frequent mounting/dismounting. (I wonder if it was him or the donors that chose?)

Bikes4two

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
My Story:
  • I'm a life-time casual cyclist (1st picture taken on a trike aged 3 yrs - hah!)
  • In the last 15 years I've toured thousands of miles with camping kit on my Dawes Super Galaxy
  • Two years ago saw the first debilitating episode of Atrial Fibrillation followed by 3 months of only housebound activity before cardioversion allowed cycling again.
  • 9 months later, rinse and repeat - another few months of zero cycling.
  • I've seen the light (aided by my cardiologist's prognosis of repeat AF and intense cycling - I just loved big hills - :rolleyes:) and have recognised that although the mind is willing, the body is not.
  • So as I ease into my 70th birthday, my beloved Dawes Super Galaxy and I are again reunited thanks to Mr Tong Sheng and a mid drive motor.
  • Happy days :cool:

AndyBike

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Hills, especially the long long slightly inclining ones are no longer the source of pain and annoyance.
I sometimes even use TURBO to raise a smile.
Plus it fills a couple of boxes in being a 29er full suss, which is my first 29er after decades of riding a 26" hardtail

Headwind slogs - Consigned to the past.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Foffer

Just Joined
Sep 1, 2021
1'm 69 and 18st (115Kg) and have an arthritic right knee that stops me walking too far, the pain prevents me from doing enough walking to keep the joint mobile. However, on my electric bike the knee is fine, maybe because its not supporting my weight. I ride up to ten miles a day which give my knee plenty of excersise and its also very good fun! I bought the bike because of my knee and its been a great success.

Related Articles

Advertisers