Caught on my van camera today.

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Caught this today on my onboard van camera, thought I would share it.

Reactions: peerjay56

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
I must get a cam perhaps a garmin one when I have the money. Some guy cut from the 3rd lane on m6 to an exit in last few yards ,I was in 2nd lane and he could have caused multiple accident. Do police act on a supplied video like yours ?

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
I must get a cam perhaps a garmin one when I have the money. Some guy cut from the 3rd lane on m6 to an exit in last few yards ,I was in 2nd lane and he could have caused multiple accident. Do police act on a supplied video like yours ?
My camera was £15 on ebay, its nailed to the bulkhead behind the mesh screen, It has a battery, but when power is applied to charger it turns on and starts recording and switches it self off when power loss. So I have
Just found a switch wire in back of van, wired a socket to it. So every time turn on ignition bobs ya gran. 5min videos and loops the sd card. I have switch inside cab too incase I want it to run when parked up.

Dont think police can do much getting number plates to read isnt good camera shake and quality, I only have it to protect me from crash for cash idiots. Though I have reduced quaility quite a bit, original is quite good.

Last edited:

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Actually, I did something very similar driving in Denmark once (my first time driving abroad). No traffic on the road, and turned out from a junction onto the left hand side of the road (brain fart mode). Suddenly realised, and then got back on the right side. The traffic really provides a good prompt of where you should be on the road!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree with Phil, almost certainly someone used to driving abroad the other side of the road. In a moment of forgetfulness and habit he would look left before pulling out into that lane.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
The driver of the van in front of you impressed me - Very little apparent drama - Just hoiked it round the transgressor & carried on.

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
The driver of the van in front of you impressed me - Very little apparent drama - Just hoiked it round the transgressor & carried on.
Yes I agree.