Changing wheel diameter size on Bosch powered bikes

D

Deleted member 25121

I have a new Bosch powered bike with the Kiox display, within the settings I can change the wheel circumference to pretty much anything. So far I've only tried making it 10% smaller, and the bike rode fine with no errors, display showed motor cutting out at the usual speed, but I had no independent means of checking actual speed at the time. Gonna try this again when I can compare speed properly.
Be careful, if the Kiox detects that the sytstem has been tampered with it will get logged and could cause complications if you have any warranty issues.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Be careful, if the Kiox detects that the sytstem has been tampered with it will get logged and could cause complications if you have any warranty issues.
If you have 29" wheels but change the wheel size to 26", you could reasonably argue that for off roading you find 26" wheels easier to ride. Not sure if you could make a case for reducing the wheel size any more though.

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
If they consider that tampering, they shouldn't give us the option, also, what if you genuinely did change the wheels?

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu
D

Deleted member 25121

If you have 29" wheels but change the wheel size to 26", you could reasonably argue that for off roading you find 26" wheels easier to ride. Not sure if you could make a case for reducing the wheel size any more though.
I doubt whether Bosch would differentiate between tampering with the hardware (dongle) and tampering with the software.

D

Deleted member 25121

If they consider that tampering, they shouldn't give us the option, also, what if you genuinely did change the wheels?
It allows the Kiox user to enter the most accurate wheel size to cater for variations in tyre and pressure, see the link I posted earlier in this thread.

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
It allows the Kiox user to enter the most accurate wheel size to cater for variations in tyre and pressure, see the link I posted earlier in this thread.
Yes I know, but my understanding was that Bosch allowed a +/-5%, adjustment to account for variations in tyre pressures or sizes. The point I was making was that you can still change this yourself, and there seems to be no limit as to how much you can alter it.
For the record, I returned mine to to the original settings. It was merely curiosity as to whether it would actually do anything.

Advertisers