Help! Cheap batteries ali express etc

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
I've been advised before on here to avoid the cheap batteries. You get what you pay for and all that . But has anyone ever found relatively cheap one that could do about 15 miles. That the max I need . I've got a giant suede that only cost me 200 so not sure I've got the budget to spend the same amount for a battery . Any help appreciated on this .
Thanks
Mike

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There are some very cheap ones at the moment (around £50). AFAICT, they're made from recycled cells, so avoid them, but any that's above say £150 would probably be OK. I've bought loads of cheap batteries and they all worked

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
There are some very cheap ones at the moment (around £50). AFAICT, they're made from recycled cells, so avoid them, but any that's above say £150 would probably be OK. I've bought loads of cheap batteries and they all worked
Thanks vfr. I appreciate that . Just hoped that I'd get Bout 15 miles from a cheaper one

D

Deleted member 33385

From what I've read on this forum somewhere, the cheap ones are getting better, so in theory a battery similar to @georgehenry's 2011 version, but manufactured more recently, might provide power for more miles... unless they haven't improved, or got worse.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks vfr. I appreciate that . Just hoped that I'd get Bout 15 miles from a cheaper one
You might get 15 miles from one of those £50 ones, but that would be about it before you'd need to buy another one. As I said, I've never tried one, but they appeared about the same time as the 15 cent recycled cells.