Clunck from the back

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
Hi just wondering if any one has any ideas
over the last week there has been a clunking comming from the back of the bike this has become so it is every cycle of the wheel (when im there is a slight angel to the bike) the most annoying thing is i can only cause the problem by putting weight on the bike so i cant examine it. This occurs when when pedalling or on motor. any ideas

davidk

Rad

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2008
Could it be that some of the spokes need tightening?
That's exactly what it sounds like to me. I had a similar thing with my bike when it was about a fortnight old. You can probably twist a few of them and feel how loose they are. If you're not happy to tighten them yourself get a shop to do it. It won't take long, shouldn't cost very much either.

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
Thanks looks like that was what it was i just gave them all a little tighten till they were in tune :) i have given it a quick check and no clunck so far (wheel has a little wibbel of a couple of mm so but that is a job for another day)
thanks again for the pointer

davidk

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
where's the best place to get a 13g spoke wrench from? (all the ones I've seen at wiggle don't say if they are the right size)...

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
where's the best place to get a 13g spoke wrench from? (all the ones I've seen at wiggle don't say if they are the right size)...
13g spokes normally use 3.3mm (0.130inch) nipples so both the "LifeLine Triple Spoke Key Set" and the "Park Tools Triple Spoke Key" from Wiggle should fit.

Colin

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
i just used the one that came in my tool bag looks like i was lucky there

davidk

richardmu

Pedelecer
May 30, 2009
strange irritating pinging noise from the back wheel

Many thanks for the posts.
I have suffered from a really irritating pinging noise from the back wheel of my 905se from almost since I bought it a few months ago. Happened every revolution of the wheel and only when I was on the bike, with or without the motor. Picked up on the 'clunk from the back' thread a couple of days ago and as suggested I bought a spoke adjusting set from Wiggle. Lo and behold problem is fixed! This Forum is invaluable.

Advertisers