Compatible replacement for BMS (Greenway LP0005) 36v.

Giocast

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 14, 2020
I'm hoping someone can help, i've been trying for 2 weeks now to locate the above without success and am starting to look for ways to adapt a more common board. The battery is a Reention Dorado 36v 11.5 Ampere hour. My BMS has 4 "larger" wire connections rather than 3 - i.e. C-, P-, B-and B+. It has smaller wires also for voltmeter etc but main concern is how to connect the B+ which is missing from most BMS boards. I think I can piggyback into one of the multiplug connections but the current carrying capacity of this connector doesn't look man enough for the job.

Any help with a solution even if a compromise would be very welcome.

Giocast

Sep 14, 2020
In the absence of any replies i've swotted up myself and decided to adapt a popular alternative. For anyone else doing this, an older battery pack might have the same set-up as mine in that it includes a stout red wire soldered to B+ on the BMS board. It turns out this is just a convenient solder-able junction place on mine, and all modern boards dispense with this, and link the + charger connector directly to the battery pack positive soldered tab. I will probably add a lead here for my voltmeter also. The dimensions are almost the same so fingers crossed that it all works out. The Kapton tape and hot glue gun have worked out just as expensive as the BMS unit.

Giocast

Sep 14, 2020
As the whole exercise could have just been an expensive time-consuming mistake, I plumped for a cheap unit with the best reviews. Only fitted around a week ago with the most intricate and intensive soldering i've done since my slot racing days, and then totally surprised myself to find that the battery pack performs completely as it should, so very pleased. My first mystery was that the charger showed a green light on first connecting up after fitting BMS, which I took to mean that the work was a failure but it turned out that the batteries were "brimmed" from charging many months earlier by the previous owner which certainly spoke well for the state of the cells. Corrosion due to storage was the enemy here, and so I didn't risk hooking up ancilliary boards/circuits for voltmeter or UPS connections in case these were damaged. As mentioned in last post, I followed a hunch with the "B+" connection on the BMS board that mine came with :- this looks to be a convenient "junction" connection housed within the board which appears to be it's sole purpose so I merely joined and insulated the two (red) wires housed there. Re-fitting the cells and wiring back in the aluminium "Dorado" extrusion proved time-consuming, as everything only just fits, which in one way is good in that little or no chafing might result from inevitable jostling and vibration in use.

Advertisers