Complete Wheel set for 29er

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I have Marathon Plus MTB's, which are a good tyre but only 2.1 inch so a bit thin on the bike, also Big Ben's which are a better road tyre and a good width for a hard tail but thought I would try the SS's as they are wider and have some off road ability.

My "road" tyres will still have to do a lot of off road, roads only get me to where I want to cycle, I am not that easy on my tyres It's not black and white for me.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
So what do you think with 50% of the job done ?
View attachment 18531

The Mary was a lot easier to get back on than when new, no fairy liquid but a big screw driver taped up. So it can be done, maybe the Kevlar ones loosen up after a bit.

Had to roll the wheel and tube a bit to coax it to blow up with the foot pump but managed it easily enough without too much stress or mess. Went out for a ride to just check nothing fell off, ran the Mary with 40 psi in all seemed well. Still to reduce the pressure right down for proper TL riding.

Next is the decision of what to put on the original rims ?
View attachment 18532
To me your bike looks 50% lovely therefore hurry up and complete the remaining 50% then ask us your question again. :) Just to let you know I am not an half hearted person okay!

MS.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Post # 80 is 100 % ! I hope !!

I am not half hearted more half assed.

As I know you like dogs, here is mine helping.
20170303_220048.jpg

Related Articles

Advertisers