Concerning mirrors...

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
I know how subjective mirrors can be, but I've tried 3 mirrors on my bike and none of them have fulfilled my expectations. I'm looking for a right-hand bar-end round mirror that will seat in my R-M handlebars, and not go all wobbly as soon as you get on pavement -- much less Forestry Commission fire trails.

I've looked on all the usual suspect websites (Tredz, Amazon, etc.) and don't seem to be able to find anything worthwhile.

If anyone has a mirror worth bragging about, and can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

:)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Reactions: E-Wheels

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I'm with Gubbins though not at the price in the link. The Zefal Cyclops is ok and very cheap to buy.

Tom
Yes, I dont know why the Mirycle is so expensive as I paid less than £10 for mine.. It has survived a crash on ice where the bike fell over and slithered up the road with only damage being a cracked mirror.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I tried these cheap copies like the Zefal Spin which is the smaller version of the Cyclops and I find it to be good. You can't make out exactly what is behind you but you get a good enough idea. It is held firm by opening the hinge connector part and stuffing a small bit of bluetack in there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-High-Quality-Universal-Rotate-Cycling-Mountain-Bike-Handlebar-Wide-Angle-Rear-View-Mirror-Free-Shipping/32635627865.html

I don't like being without one of these now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

That looks like a cheaper version of the Zefal Spin. another thing that I like about all these type of mirrors is that they make a nice bump-stop to lean the bike up against a wall with the mirror folded in.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Does it fit on the right-hand side?
Ah yeah, wrong side of the road... :oops:

I also have a Cycle Star 80 - 903/1 which can be mounted either side. Doesn't vibrate either which was your requirement. They make the Cycle Star 80 - 903/2 which plugs right into the end of the bar but I like mine a little further out.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

Advertisers