Considering the Aventa ebike from Furo - but unsure about the company

JamesH91

Just Joined
Mar 27, 2021
Hi,

I'm currently looking to buy an ebike, at roughly the £1,500 price range. I came across the Aventa bike range by Furo Systems, which I really like the look of. The only problem is I'm not sure about the company itself. The company seem legit and everything, but my concern is that as a startup there's obviously a reasonable chance that they go bust at some point, and that if my ebike developed a problem I'd kinda be screwed. If I did buy the bike, would it be possible to get it repaired by local bike shops, or would I be reliant on the original company to make any repairs?

I'm also looking at the new Carerra Crossfire which comes out next month, but given what the market is like for ebikes atm I'm not sure I'll be able to get one. If not I think I'll just join the waiting list for a Camino at Woosh.

James

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The Aventa has standard Bafang motor, so should be fairly easy to fix if need be; and I expect the controller and display are pretty standard or at least replaceable by standard ones if needed. A lot of LBS don't like fixing ebikes, but you could probably do anything needed yourself with advice from people here.

The most likely issue is battery replacement; in frame batteries are often tailored and not easily replaced with generic components. You could probably get it recelled.

The Crossfire has a very poor reliability record.

• Informative
Reactions: pentiumofborg

JamesH91

Just Joined
Mar 27, 2021
the response seems a bit mixed. There was one thread where a few people accused the company of astroturfing.

@sjpt thanks, that's really helpful. My preference for the Crossfire is mainly because there's a Halfords nearby, so if there was a problem it shouldn't be too difficult to get it fixed. If I went with a smaller company like Furo or Woosh there's a possibility I'd have to ship the bike which would be a massive pain. Tbh though I really like the look of the Aventa, so I might just go for it...

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
because there's a Halfords nearby, so if there was a problem it shouldn't be too difficult to get it fixed.
It would be good if you could be sure of that, but people have had very mixed experience of Halford's service, and even when things got resolved it often took a long time.

There's a fairly small chance of the kind of problem that really needs a bike to be shipped back if you are willing to do some bits with advice from the seller.

JamesH91

Just Joined
Mar 27, 2021
It would be good if you could be sure of that, but people have had very mixed experience of Halford's service, and even when things got resolved it often took a long time.

There's a fairly small chance of the kind of problem that really needs a bike to be shipped back if you are willing to do some bits with advice from the seller.
Alright. I think I might just go with the Aventa then. It looks perfect for what I want so I might as well take that risk. Thanks for your help.

D

Deleted member 33385

the response seems a bit mixed. There was one thread where a few people accused the company of astroturfing.

Really? It's very unusual to find an ebike company branching out onto lawns. It's always worth reading these boards, researching any sort of bike. There is so much content.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Alright. I think I might just go with the Aventa then. It looks perfect for what I want so I might as well take that risk. Thanks for your help.
Good luck with it. I hope it works well and you enjoy it.

Just to make you feel more comfortable you made the right choice: from another thread:
Halfords are unable to supply a new sensor or even comment when they will become available (chap in store told me people have been waiting 10 months and still no word)

It's not the same bike, but I think it's the same system.