Controller wiring dilemma

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
I purchased this controller and King Meter from Germany, in a ebay auction.
The out put wires are all the same colour
I have found the pedal sensor connection and the King Meter connection.
Just not sure what the two remaining red, yellow, blue x 2 connectors go to,
As my brake cut outs are only two wires style connector ?
Then the small Red, Brown connector, what does that go to ?

I'm hoping to use this on a direct drive hub that only has two output wires Positive & Negative
This controller has three output wires Yellow, Green and Blue.
can I use just two of those to power the front hub motor ?

I have been told that this controller is fitted to the Kudos Cobra
I have uploaded pictures of the controller & connectors

Bryan

Attachments

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Sounds like its the wrong controller for your motor. If your motor has two wires, it's a brushed one. If your controller has three wires it's for a brushless motor.

Just using two wires won't work I'm afraid.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: six9giant
D

Deleted member 4366

You'll be lucky to find a brushed motor controller with a pedal sensor. Normally, they're throttle only, though pedal sensor ones do exist if you search far enough.

Controllers with three wires, green, blue and yellow, for the motor are three phase, so not suitable for a brushed motor with two wires.

The red, blue and yellow wires are for brakes with a hall sensor. Red is 5v, yellow is ground and blue is the signal wire. For 2-wire brakes, you connect the yellow and blue, and leave red disconnected.

Reactions: six9giant

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
You'll be lucky to find a brushed motor controller with a pedal sensor. Normally, they're throttle only, though pedal sensor ones do exist if you search far enough.

Controllers with three wires, green, blue and yellow, for the motor are three phase, so not suitable for a brushed motor with two wires.

The red, blue and yellow wires are for brakes with a hall sensor. Red is 5v, yellow is ground and blue is the signal wire. For 2-wire brakes, you connect the yellow and blue, and leave red disconnected.
I don't want a pedal sensor on this conversion,
Throttle control is the desired task connected to the King Meter LCD if possible.
Sorry if my message was confusing.
The pedal sensor was just a description of the connection suggestion.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I don't want a pedal sensor on this conversion,
Throttle control is the desired task connected to the King Meter LCD if possible.
Sorry if my message was confusing.
The pedal sensor was just a description of the connection suggestion.
Where did you get a brushed motor from? Presumably it's an old one, or taken from something else?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
I bought an old powacycle trike for a song, sadly wiring/control removed, tested the motor and spins okay.
Just wanted to bring it into the 21st century if possible.

six9giant

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2016
Maryport, Cumbria
I purchased one from a dealer in Warrington and in the process of fitting it, won't be using the brake light or indicator.
What is the charger wire for ?
Only comes with one Yellow/Black brake cable, so splice both wires together.
Thick Yellow motor (negative ?)
Thick Blue motor (positive ?)
Chinese wiring goes against my electrical training, hair pulling moment
Will post photos of modifications later

D

Deleted member 4366

The charger wire is probably just battery voltage . Check it with a meter. The motor will go backwards if you connect the two wires the wrong way round, so try it.

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands

Just to carry on my bike has 2 wire connector for the front light and same for back light ,I've ordered a new controller but noticed the connection for the lights on the new controller only have a sing wire connector there are 2 of course for front and back .
So how could I get round this dilemma any help appreciated.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Just to carry on my bike has 2 wire connector for the front light and same for back light ,I've ordered a new controller but noticed the connection for the lights on the new controller only have a sing wire connector there are 2 of course for front and back .
So how could I get round this dilemma any help appreciated.
Wire lights directlt to the battery via a switch. Don't use the controller connector. they're not reliable enough.

Advertisers