controller

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi how do i get to the controller of a coyote connect electric folding bike
You can use an alternative controller. I doubt that you'll be able to get the exact one except from whoever sold you the bike.

Why do you think it needs replacing.

Show us a picture of it, making sure that we can see all the wires and connectors if you want to be pointed at a suitable replacement.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Sorry, I misread the question as "how do I get a Coyote controller".

It sits in the compartment at the front of the battery that's left in the rack when you take the battery out. You have to undo some screws to get the cover off and expose it.

before you do all that, it might be an idea to explain what the problem is that you're trying to solve.

Reactions: gazza19

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Sorry, I misread the question as "how do I get a Coyote controller".

It sits in the compartment at the front of the battery that's left in the rack when you take the battery out. You have to undo some screws to get the cover off and expose it.

before you do all that, it might be an idea to explain what the problem is that you're trying to solve.
To change the pedal assist looks like il have to try pick the lock as there are no keys to it either any ideas on the easiest way

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You shouldn't need to take the battery off to get at the controller. Undo the screws that hold the cover on.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
You shouldn't need to take the battery off to get at the controller. Undo the screws that hold the cover on.
Thanks will try it will have to move the two rack arms that attach to the frame as can’t get to them

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Hi I got to the controller to take the pedal assist off can anyone tell me where i can get an identical replacement as I’m no good at soldering wires I know the red wire is the voltage wire 40648

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The sensor is very common, but the connector arrangement isn't. You'll be very lucky to fond one like that.

If you're very dextrous and have two pairs of small pliers, you can crimp on new connector pins and clip the pins into the connector blocks you have.

To get the pins out of your present connectors, or the connector from your new sensor, you push the wire into the block, then push down the barb with a jewellers screwdriver or a darning needle, then pull the wire and it should slide out. if you're lucky and are careful, the pins will remain on the wires so you can just slot them into the new connector body. Make sure that you get them in the right sequence to match the colours of the wires in the connector on the controller side.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
The sensor is very common, but the connector arrangement isn't. You'll be very lucky to fond one like that.

If you're very dextrous and have two pairs of small pliers, you can crimp on new connector pins and clip the pins into the connector blocks you have.

To get the pins out of your present connectors, or the connector from your new sensor, you push the wire into the block, then push down the barb with a jewellers screwdriver or a darning needle, then pull the wire and it should slide out. if you're lucky and are careful, the pins will remain on the wires so you can just slot them into the new connector body. Make sure that you get them in the right sequence to match the colours of the wires in the connector on the controller side.

The colours are the same on the controller side will the blue on the link to the new pedal assist you have sent be the neutral and the yellow be the the same as the white one as don’t want to blow the controller lol

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The colours are the same on the controller side will the blue on the link to the new pedal assist you have sent be the neutral and the yellow be the the same as the white one as don’t want to blow the controller lol
That's an excellent question. Our Chinese friends are not very consistent when they use these colours. Red goes to red. That's easy. According to other listings of similar sensors, blue is ground, so it goes to black, and yellow is signal and goes to whatever third wire you have. If it doesn't work like that, swap the blue and yellow wires. no harm will come if you get those two wrong. For testing, you can leave the pins out of the block. just carefully slide them onto the pins. Once you've confirmed the sequence, you can put them in the block.

Some useful advice to save you a lot of work, confusion and frustration: Install the new sensor behind the BB, then put the magnet disc on the shaft and test it before putting the pedal or crank back on. Try turning it in both directions. If it works backwards, flip the magnet disc. Once it's working, you can assemble the crank with confidence.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Our Chinese friends are not very consistent when they use these colours
Too true! Red looks like signal, as black would indicate ground and with yellow next to it, I guess that's positive.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Think I would agree with vfr Blue/Gnd & Yellew/sig.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
in the OP's pic the red wires all alone which leads my to say Red signal, I never checked the ebay one apologies, yes I would concur.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Thank you all for the advice I will order the sensor and let you know the results when I get it and try it

Reactions: PC2017