Converting 27.5 to 26

Virtualmeuk

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 10, 2016
Warwickshire
Hi again folks

I currently have a Haibike xDuro RX 27.5. Love the bike but......I have some top spec parts from my old bike that i either sell or put them on my new bike. So i was wandering if anyone had tried to go that way and if there were any problems with the speedo or motor from changing from 27.5 to 26?

Cheers
Steve

D

Deleted member 4366

Without reprogramming, the display will show too fast and your cut-off speed will be proportionally lower.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

digiman

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury
Is there no way to change the wheel size on the unit itself?
Yes, a good bike shop should be able to re spoke the motor into a 26" wheel rim but it might cost a bit. There are no problems with then changing the controller settings to he new wheel size.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Yes, a good bike shop should be able to re spoke the motor into a 26" wheel rim but it might cost a bit. There are no problems with then changing the controller settings to he new wheel size.
I'd like to see the shop that can lace a Bosch crank drive motor into a wheel!
No you can't change the wheel size in the display, not sure if a dealer can do this with a software update.

• :D
Reactions: D8ve and EddiePJ

digiman

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury
I'd like to see the shop that can lace a Bosch crank drive motor into a wheel!
No you can't change the wheel size in the display, not sure if a dealer can do this with a software update.
One of the initial settings on most controllers is "wheel size" also I see no reason why any decent bike tech can't respoke a wheel or he is not worth his salt.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
digiman, the OP has got a bottom bracket motor, not a hub motor.

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
One of the initial settings on most controllers is "wheel size" also I see no reason why any decent bike tech can't respoke a wheel or he is not worth his salt.
Please don't post on things you don't know for definite, there is far too much misinformation on this forum. I appreciate you are trying to be helpful but you clearly do not have any knowledge of this particular bike or its drive system.

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Taken from the instruction maual...“My eBike”: When Nyon is plugged in, you can change the pre-set value given by the manufacturer of the wheel circumference by ± 5 %.

Measure the diameter of the wheel including the tyre and multiply by 3.142 for your circumference.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Taken from the instruction maual...“My eBike”: When Nyon is plugged in, you can change the pre-set value given by the manufacturer of the wheel circumference by ± 5 %.

Measure the diameter of the wheel including the tyre and multiply by 3.142 for your circumference.
So in this case just about then, you've just given everyone with a Nyon a free dongle;).
Can you do this with an Intuvia as fitted to a 2016 XDURO?

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
From the 21015 Bosch Intuvia manual ...– “wheel circum.”: You can change this value pre-set by the manufacturer by ±5 %. This value is displayed only when the on-board computer is in the holder.

To the OP...I tried 26" wheels on my NP Mega AM 275 and the handling went out of the window as the bike geometry is designed to work with a certain wheelsize...try it on yours though, what may not work for one may work for another!

Reactions: Virtualmeuk

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Reactions: flecc

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Hey, no prob Chris...it was posted with good humour and I'm glad you saw the funny side;)

Reactions: LeighPing

Virtualmeuk

Nov 10, 2016
Warwickshire
Not done it yet but may try it at the weekend. Will report back. Just swapped the display over to the purion so still playing with that at the moment

Advertisers