Could the forum width be increased?

DroidOne

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
Stockholm (Sweden)
Thanks for a great forum. I just registered an account and hope to be more active soon (...awaiting the 2017 line up).

I noticed, while browsing through all of the great content on here, that the width of the forum makes it quite hard to read.

Here's a few screenshots with the width set to 1200px. It offers a much more pleasant reading experience and less scrolling (...well, at least according to me).

Just thought I should mention it as it's quite uncommon these day with such a limited width :) (Most people are on 16:9 screens, after all).

Attachments

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for a great forum. I just registered an account and hope to be more active soon (...awaiting the 2017 line up).

I noticed, while browsing through all of the great content on here, that the width of the forum makes it quite hard to read.

Here's a few screenshots with the width set to 1200px. It offers a much more pleasant reading experience and less scrolling (...well, at least according to me).

Just thought I should mention it as it's quite uncommon these day with such a limited width :) (Most people are on 16:9 screens, after all).
I can't read any of those files, but the existing forum I find fine.

I'd also recommend Ctrl ++ as many times as necessary if you find difficulty.

Reactions: DroidOne

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

DroidOne

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
Stockholm (Sweden)
Welcome aboard. This is a 30" screen. That's 76.2cm, if you're in Stockholm. :)

You're not missing much.

View attachment 14980
I'm using a 34" UHD myself :)

just use ctrl + thats the default browser zoom ctrl - for smaller
Yes, it's possible to zoom. It does however increase the size of every single element on the page, which isn't the problem. The problem I had was specifically with the width.

I just edited the CSS via a chrome add-on; running 1400px now - looks great on UHD screens.

Since most seem perfectly fine with ~500px for the post content, I guess it's best to leave it at that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its not wide so it works on Mobil devices just use the button bottom of the page and then its the width of the screen.

Reactions: DroidOne

DroidOne

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
Stockholm (Sweden)
As SW says, use 'Toggle Width' (Two diagonal arrows) at the bottom.
Yes, that's an option for 100% width. It doesn't work very well though on WQHD+ since it overlaps the background - try it yourself. Also an easy fix though by editing the CSS and removing the background.

The best option for anyone on a higher resolution screen is probably to manually set something between 1100-1200px for better readability.

its not wide so it works on Mobil devices just use the button bottom of the page and then its the width of the screen.
I believe that the site is responsive, so it should work perfectly fine for any mobile device no matter what the page-width is set to.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I use my Samsung S5 for internet, it is fine as it is (for me!).

If you make it wider I'll have to scroll left and right whitch would be a major pita..

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And ergonomics? You are in design conscious Sweden you should be worried about ergonomics. Long lines of text are harder to read, scientific fact.

Advertisers