Creme Ristretto On+

AndyHoller

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 6, 2020
Anyone come across this bike before or have any advice? https://www.pureelectric.com/collections/electric-bikes/products/creme-ristretto-on-solo-electric-hybrid-bike-2020?variant=32938718363736

I'm considering as a front rack would be useful and (crucially) there is a Pure Electric store nearby if I had any trouble. However:
- I THINK the tyres are an unusual size, I'd want to replace with something more puncture resistant (got marathon plus on normal bike and love them) and not sure how easy that would be
- I've never come across that motor system before
- It shouldn't matter but does, I aesthetically prefer bikes with batteries inside the frame.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The tyre is 47-584, 650Bx47.

There is a Marathon Plus with the correct bead size (584, the critical measure) and just a fraction wider at 50 rather than 47; which would almost certainly fit unless clearance is very tight.

There is as 27.5x1.5 as well that would fit but be a little narrower. You probably don't really need a e-bike rated tyre. This is even on sale.

Bicycle marketing has done a considerable disservice to the customer by really confusing tyre size measurements (27.5, 29er, etc) in order to promote hype about 'new/better' tyre sizes. After initial confusion because of different standards growing up in different countries over many decades, they almost settled down sensibly with ETRO sizing; then the marketing people got at them ...

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The E5000 is the baby of the Steps family about 40nm of torque and a match for the Nexus/Alfine 8 hub gears. One may find it a bit low on power and under whelming for hills.

AndyHoller

May 6, 2020
The tyre is 47-584, 650Bx47.

There is a Marathon Plus with the correct bead size (584, the critical measure) and just a fraction wider at 50 rather than 47; which would almost certainly fit unless clearance is very tight.

There is as 27.5x1.5 as well that would fit but be a little narrower. You probably don't really need a e-bike rated tyre. This is even on sale.

Bicycle marketing has done a considerable disservice to the customer by really confusing tyre size measurements (27.5, 29er, etc) in order to promote hype about 'new/better' tyre sizes. After initial confusion because of different standards growing up in different countries over many decades, they almost settled down sensibly with ETRO sizing; then the marketing people got at them ...
That's super helpful, thank you!

The E5000 is the baby of the Steps family about 40nm of torque and a match for the Nexus/Alfine 8 hub gears. One may find it a bit low on power and under whelming for hills.
Thanks! The alternatives I've been looking at have largely been those using Ebikemotion X35. I'm relatively young and healthy, and won't be tackling very steep hills, I'm looking for something to take the sting out of a commute really. How do you think the E5000 compares to the X35?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One is a mid motor so powers through the drive train, the other is a hub drive so powers direct from the wheel. The latter will wear the drive train parts less.
Both are quite lightweight 40nm at the wheel direct will have more torque then the indirect mid motor.
Ideally one needs to try both out first to compare, both will be good for a flat commute.

AndyHoller

May 6, 2020
One is a mid motor so powers through the drive train, the other is a hub drive so powers direct from the wheel. The latter will wear the drive train parts less.
Both are quite lightweight 40nm at the wheel direct will have more torque then the indirect mid motor.
Ideally one needs to try both out first to compare, both will be good for a flat commute.
Thank you. Sadly trying both tricky at the moment, but went with the Creme in the end!