Crossfire-e dumped for Crossfuse!

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
So I had my Crossfire for 3 weeks and had nothing but problems with the cutting out issue.

Items replaced in these 3 weeks

* Rear hub
* Main Computer, controller and battery
* Battery charger

These were all while you wait installs but the cut out issue would not die! The final repair was the change of battery and the bike cut out while at the store right in front of the staff member and he said he was going to order a whole new bike this time.

I did 290 miles in them 3 weeks and the bike cut out around 30/40 times with no pattern to it what so ever, I even got recording footage of it cutting out as proof for the store.

Anyways I said I just wanted a refund as I'm done with the crossfire as it's been nothing but a head ache.

After talking to the manager and explained what happened with bike he offered me a great deal on the Crossfuse. The bike, 3 year ebike cover (£160), free heavy duty lock (£80) ,2 slime filled inter tubes (£28), mud guards and a small bike pump (£50) for £1380!!

He has also offered me a 2 month window to return it for a refund if there are any faults with it so hell yeah I took him up on the offer!

The crossfire was a great bike let down by such a common issue which is a massive shame.

Anyway! Cannot wait to get my Crossfuse! Wish me luck :D

Reactions: LeighPing

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
That's what I did and I've not rerertted it. (wish I'd got all those freebies that you negotiated though)
Mike

Reactions: kingsknight

John doncaster dn6

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2018
I'm actually looking at both of those bikes. I don't really want to spend £1600 but paying for reliability is important.

I'll be probably getting one next year after I sell my mr2 and freego.

Reactions: kingsknight

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
That's what I did and I've not rerertted it. (wish I'd got all those freebies that you negotiated though)
Mike
To be honest, I didn't even try that hard! I think the fact that I had so many issues and I remained a good sport about it all helped me there.

With the final cut out in front of the staff was it though, I did get angry with the bike. The poor staff member didn't really know what to say lol I knew i was in my rights to get a refund as it was within 28 days but they never questioned it anyway.

I thought I was only going to get the 20% off on all the extras but when ringing it all up he was like "you can have them for free as a good will gesture" I was very thankful lol

I know Halfords seems to get a bit of hard time on this forum but I've never had a single issue with them. I've got all 5 of my bikes from them over the years and the service has always been good!

Just without a bike at the moment which sucks :(

Reactions: Eagleowl

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I have spent a bit of money on my Crossfuse since I got it. After recommendations on here I spent £54 on a Suntour suspension seatpost (brilliant), Beavertail XL mudgaurds £17 (not really tested yet) and £60 on some Ergon GP5 biokork handlebar extensions. These exactly match the colour of the seat which looks cool. I've also bought Topeak rack and bags and Ortlieb panniers for touring).
I watched a video on adjusting shimano derailieurs and managed to set them up absolutely spot on after the cable had got through its initial stretch. At 450 miles the wheels are now fractionally out of true but the bike is a dream to ride. So quiet, and the brakes are brilliant. Don't know whether they are different from those on the Crossfire but they are much nicer to use.
Mike

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
I have spent a bit of money on my Crossfuse since I got it. After recommendations on here I spent £54 on a Suntour suspension seatpost (brilliant), Beavertail XL mudgaurds £17 (not really tested yet) and £60 on some Ergon GP5 biokork handlebar extensions. These exactly match the colour of the seat which looks cool. I've also bought Topeak rack and bags and Ortlieb panniers for touring).
I watched a video on adjusting shimano derailieurs and managed to set them up absolutely spot on after the cable had got through its initial stretch. At 450 miles the wheels are now fractionally out of true but the bike is a dream to ride. So quiet, and the brakes are brilliant. Don't know whether they are different from those on the Crossfire but they are much nicer to use.
Mike
I think you should upload a photo of your bike all kitted out :)

Petep

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 4, 2018
Mike
Hi. I am looking for a pannier rack for Crossfuse and Halfords said that only their rack would fit. Did you have any problem fitting topeak rack ? And which one did you fit ?

Celtic Fan

Nov 24, 2018
Well done @kingsknight Got herself a great deal. I only recently acquired my own Crossfuse, after much research I set upon the Crossfuse what with the spec v price, it kept topping the table. Bosch, Shimano et al. Have upgraded the display to Intuvia, so that I can remove it from the cradle. Otherwise the young team would be all over it. Oh, like you, got a crackin deal, my pal works Halfords and he gave me his employees 25% discount :cool:
Back to the bike; am so impressed. So seamless as such the ride experience. As you would want of a power assist, it assists effortlessly, whilst still allowing you to pedal beyond the assist, thereby no necessarily getting a free ride. The motor makes not a squeak. Nothing audible at all of a motor beneath you. @Petep Halfords supply a carrier, for “disk brakes” fitting, at around £26. Mind, I got mines for £20 what with my Halfords pal :D discount et al, neither here nor there, a bonus, simple as. Early doors, the Crossfuse proving a great bike to ride. Am getting great pleasure and wads distance from the battery. Well done @kingsknight. Enjoy the ride, matey #thumbsup

Reactions: Andy McNish

Petep

Dec 4, 2018
Well done @kingsknight Got herself a great deal. I only recently acquired my own Crossfuse, after much research I set upon the Crossfuse what with the spec v price, it kept topping the table. Bosch, Shimano et al. Have upgraded the display to Intuvia, so that I can remove it from the cradle. Otherwise the young team would be all over it. Oh, like you, got a crackin deal, my pal works Halfords and he gave me his employees 25% discount :cool:
Back to the bike; am so impressed. So seamless as such the ride experience. As you would want of a power assist, it assists effortlessly, whilst still allowing you to pedal beyond the assist, thereby no necessarily getting a free ride. The motor makes not a squeak. Nothing audible at all of a motor beneath you. @Petep Halfords supply a carrier, for “disk brakes” fitting, at around £26. Mind, I got mines for £20 what with my Halfords pal :D discount et al, neither here nor there, a bonus, simple as. Early doors, the Crossfuse proving a great bike to ride. Am getting great pleasure and wads distance from the battery. Well done @kingsknight. Enjoy the ride, matey #thumbsup

Petep

Dec 4, 2018
I got halfords disc brake carrier today...but taking it back tomorrow. The two arms at thr top do not reach the holes in frame, they are about 3 inches too short

Celtic Fan

Nov 24, 2018
Well done @kingsknight Got herself a great deal. I only recently acquired my own Crossfuse, after much research I set upon the Crossfuse what with the spec v price, it kept topping the table. Bosch, Shimano et al. Have upgraded the display to Intuvia, so that I can remove it from the cradle. Otherwise the having team be all over it. Oh, like you, got a crackin deal, my pal works Halfords and he gave me his employees 25% discount :cool:
Back to the bike; am so impressed. So seamless as such the ride experience. As you would want of a power assist, it assists effortlessly, whilst still allowing you to pedal beyond the assist, thereby no necessarily getting a free ride. The motor makes not a squeak.
I got halfords disc brake carrier today...but taking it back tomorrow. The two arms at thr top do not reach the holes in frame, they are about 3 inches too short
I will put pics of mines up here later. Hope that helps

Celtic Fan

Nov 24, 2018
F1C03821-7A06-4992-B7D3-CD7B531024CE.jpeg
Well done @kingsknight Got herself a great deal. I only recently acquired my own Crossfuse, after much research I set upon the Crossfuse what with the spec v price, it kept topping the table. Bosch, Shimano et al. Have upgraded the display to Intuvia, so that I can remove it from the cradle. Otherwise the having team be all over it. Oh, like you, got a crackin deal, my pal works Halfords and he gave me his employees 25% discount :cool:
Back to the bike; am so impressed. So seamless as such the ride experience. As you would want of a power assist, it assists effortlessly, whilst still allowing you to pedal beyond the assist, thereby no necessarily getting a free ride. The motor makes not a squeak.

I will put pics of mines up here later. Hope that helps

Celtic Fan

Nov 24, 2018
This was with the arms extended....still 3 inches short
Hopefully not a silly suggestion, have you tried fitting the upper stays first, then move into position the lower fittings at the rear wheel axle area? Also, the tag pic I posted are from the rack I successful fitted to my Crossfuse

Petep

Dec 4, 2018
Tried alsorts. Took it back to shop. I have one coming into evans store later in week....and going to ask them to fit it. If i attached top arms first it was slanted and too close to seat for bag to sit comfortably

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I think it's the controller, when I missed my Vulcan with a Chinese controller the cutout is almost none existant. It has happened twice and both times was after a bump of some kind which suggests the battery BMS is sensitive to tiny sparks caused by jiggling connectors

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Crosssfuse is so much better than the Crossfire - unless you need a MTB the 3rd Gen Bosch Activeline Plus is literally the best motor and drive on the market today. I don't know anyone who has regretted getting a bike with it on.

And you got a great deal on it there! :)