Cube Acid 400 chainring upgrade

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
The upgrade I want is new front forks. I'm not sure those Suntour CM forks are any better than non suspension forks. Mine seem to rattle or clonk a bit although I can't see any evidence they are about to fall apart. I don't do any wild riding, just trails, so I'm thinking maybe some of the "budget" range Rockshox may be more in line with my needs.
before looking for updates I strongly recommend physically looking at what you have at the moment to minimise the chance of buying the wrong thing.

Chris M

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
before looking for updates I strongly recommend physically looking at what you have at the moment to minimise the chance of buying the wrong thing.

Thanks for the info , very useful.

TobyAnscombe

Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2012
Epping Forest, Essex
See my post here Apr 15, 2020
Just done exactly that on my 2018 bike.. I replaced with a Marz Bomber Z2 https://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/forks/marzocchi-bomber-z2 and its lovely..

things you will need:
  • Yes, the 1.5 - 1.25 taper will fit but you will find that the headset is probably a reducer - my Suntour forks were a 1.25 straight and not tapered.
  • I went with Nukeproof sealed headset coz they are pretty and available in purple
  • I upgraded my front wheel to a boost at the same time
  • You will probably need a headset press or access to borrow one (eBay if you want to buy one)
  • You will need a star nut installer
  • I used a pipe cutter to cut the stem; don't bother with a hacksaw
Took me about a morning - I found out about the headset the hard way; after I had stripped it and saw that the Suntour were straight and not tapered...

Any questions then give me a shout