Cube Acid Hybrid one 500

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
All i can say is the bike after one ride exceeded all my expectations. adding di2 and tubeless 650Bs was a good option for me, which took me around 2hrs to do last night.

but what a beast of a bike and makes the commute more doable on multiple days

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
All i can say is the bike after one ride exceeded all my expectations. adding di2 and tubeless 650Bs was a good option for me, which took me around 2hrs to do last night.

but what a beast of a bike and makes the commute more doable on multiple days
Did you power Di2 off bosch system?

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
Seems to be some good deals on the XT groupset at the moment as well. Tempted to upgrade mine (same bike but 400)
It's a seriously good bit of kit and works well with the ebike.......do have to ease off the pedals before changing gear though

TobyAnscombe

Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2012
Epping Forest, Essex
Yep, just back off a bit as you go up the cassette, going down seems to be ok to keep the power on..

Which Di2 did you go for? I’ve only seen the road-bike versions where the shifters are on the levers

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
Yep, just back off a bit as you go up the cassette, going down seems to be ok to keep the power on..

Which Di2 did you go for? I’ve only seen the road-bike versions where the shifters are on the levers
i got xt rear mech but i'm using a single climbing shifter as i use 1x11........

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
i'm trying to find some nice 29er 2" slicks if anybody has any recommendations.............

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
adding di2
I think Bosch allow seamless integration of Di2 into a system, where it controls the shifting and does things like automatic reduction of motor power when changing gear.
Is this what you have added?
Or have you just got a totally separate discrete Di2 system bolted onto a bike with no integration into the ebike electronics?

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
I think Bosch allow seamless integration of Di2 into a system, where it controls the shifting and does things like automatic reduction of motor power when changing gear.
Is this what you have added?
Or have you just got a totally separate discrete Di2 system bolted onto a bike with no integration into the ebike electronics?
bolted on di2 with no intergration.......dont want the motor telling me when to change gear etc etc, im a clever chap and can hande that bit myself lol

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
i'm trying to find some nice 29er 2" slicks if anybody has any recommendations.............
Schwable Almotion, to get minimum rolling resistance and best puncture protect run tubeless. Folding tyre so easy to fit.

See rolling resistance website to see how they compare to other tyres.

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
Schwable Almotion, to get minimum rolling resistance and best puncture protect run tubeless. Folding tyre so easy to fit.

See rolling resistance website to see how they compare to other tyres.
too small at only 40mm.......