Cube Cross Pro 250w Bafang BBS01 Latest Build

eBike Sales

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2015
Northolt
Just thought I would share my latest build, its a Cube Cross Pro installed with a 250w Bafang BBS01 Mid Drive and a 13Ah Rocket Battery. It was a really nice bike to convert, the only tricky part was installing the aftermarket hydraulic brake switches, which seem to be the bane of my life at the moment. I'll throw a party on the day that someone brings to the market a hydraulic pressure switch for the Bafang BBS range.

To aid with the appearance of the bike, we shortened the bus cable and installed it in a protective aluminium tube along the down tube as well as blacked out the Bafang logo on the drive to give it a stealthier look.

Cube Cross Pro eBike 1.JPG

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Very nice looking bike. The battery looks very smart.

Is there a long delay when stopping pedaling with BBS01 or why are the brake switches needed?

eBike Sales

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2015
Northolt
I haven't noticed any delay between stopping pedalling and the motor cutting out. The switches are really installed as a safety feature to cut out the motor in the event of a fault occurring or an emergency.

e.g. If they weren't installed and lets say your throttle got stuck on, you could probably stop the motor with your brakes, but you'd run the risk of damaging your drive.