Custom 1800w ebike

Milky bar kid

Just Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Hello everyone, first time poster long time lurker. I've owned many mountain bike's over the year's, my best being a GT avalanche comp. Then I decided to buy a carrera crossfire e, which I was amazed by and hooked from the start. Trouble is 250w motor 15.5 mph isn't fast enough. So I have upgraded go a 1800w 52v bike, haven't taken delivery of it yet but am very excited to see the difference, of course I shall only use that power off road. I've been riding my crossfire and been smoked by two lads on oxygen ebikes derestricted to 22mph. Has anyone got a bike similar they can relate to power comparison wise ??

Reactions: LeighPing

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Hello everyone, first time poster long time lurker. I've owned many mountain bike's over the year's, my best being a GT avalanche comp. Then I decided to buy a carrera crossfire e, which I was amazed by and hooked from the start. Trouble is 250w motor 15.5 mph isn't fast enough. So I have upgraded go a 1800w 52v bike, haven't taken delivery of it yet but am very excited to see the difference, of course I shall only use that power off road. I've been riding my crossfire and been smoked by two lads on oxygen ebikes derestricted to 22mph. Has anyone got a bike similar they can relate to power comparison wise ??
Off-road means nothing unless it's private land, just don't ride like a fool and you shouldn't get any bother. My Carrera Vulcan is derestricted and overvolted and does 25mph, more if I peddle really hard or go slightly downhill. The 16.8mph cutoff the bike comes with feels like crap, a reform in law is needed to allow s pedelecs like other countries are doing, excercise should never be illegal unless you're running off with some lady's purse... Anyway I know my next bike will be something higher powered, probably a bafang ultra or similar. I'm sure your bike will be a blast, just make sure the brakes work before you set off!

Advertisers