CX3 User Manual

CX3

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2019
Hi, I have a CX3 but no user manual - is there somewhere that I can download a User Manual? - John.

CX3

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2019
I'm probably going to need to know lots of things over time - starting with tell me about the front suspension? - John

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It goes up and down by absorbing some of the surfaces undulations :p.
Next Q.

• :D
Reactions: Phil Dryden

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It was Phil couldn't help my self by being a bit flippant.

I expect Op was wanting to know about maintenance of said forks, most likely they are basic entry level sprung forks. Not a lot one can do with them except wipe the chromium slides every now and then and apply a thin layer of lube to prevent rusting, they will give good service on the road and light trails. Some have basic damping and may have some spring adjustment.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you need to know anything, just ask.
He did but not sure my initial answer was helpful.
Hopefully Op has a SOH and will ask some more Q's as he will find we are usually very helpful though do like a little bit of cheek as well.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
I give my suspension forks a spray every few weeks with Fenwicks fork lube, but I have no idea what original lube is inside the forks. Is it grease, and if so will the light oil spray wash it off if it gets beyond the seal?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There is no need to touch anything on the forks. Just ride the bike as they are. in the winter, don't leave the salty water on the chrome parts because it'll make them go rusty.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The springs are greased most seals even cheap ones may have a foam soaker behind the seal, I just wipe over with a lubed rag.