Whitty

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2020
I have a Cyclamatic Electric bike. Last year it got wet on the back of our car during torrential rain and the power stopped working. At first the power light on the handle bar did not light up but this is now working. However there is no power to the bike. We have checked the Electrics under the battery compartment and it is bone dry and all connection seem fine. By the way we know it is not a battery problem as we have 2 bikes and have swapped the batteries over.
Does anyone know where in the Newcastle upon tyne area where we can get it fixed?
I have checked a few cycle repair shops and they only repair bikes that can be connected to a diagnostic system

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Either the controller or display is faulty, water ingress causes copper or rust streaking between tracks/components rendering them useless.

Whitty

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2020
I cant see any rusted copper anywhere. Where would I find the controller and will it be repairable please. Thank you for your help with this. By the way this model does not have a display unit

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Hi, not sure if they can help with e-bikes but I've had good advice in the past from K.B. cycles (Newburn) and there are (were?) some good shops on Shield rd (Byker).

Whitty

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Have tried a few on Sheilds road they can only fix certain e bikes which can be connected to a diagnostic system unfortunately the cheaper e bikes do not have this facility.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have tried a few on Sheilds road they can only fix certain e bikes which can be connected to a diagnostic system unfortunately the cheaper e bikes do not have this facility.
Most of these shops don't really do anything to fix a bike electrically, they plug it in and the machine tells them what's wrong they then report back to the manufacturer who then exchange the part for them to replace.
As SW said in another thread ' they are box sellers' and tbh with little knowledge of bike electronics, if they knew their stuff a hub bike would be a doddle to fix relatively.