Cyclamatic cx3 pro power plus Throttle???

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
I have a cyclamatic cx3 power plus pro 2018 sports hq special, lol..

The pas system is terrible, replaced once already, I'd like to add a throttle instead not pas, throttle only, Is it possible???..

From the controller there is only pas connection (3 pin) can I use this for a throttle?.

I have connected a three wire throttle to the pas connection (white,red,black) same colours on throttle connection, but Nothing??..

I've tried spinning the wheel, but nothing!..

It's a very thin controller built into the battery holder bracket so I'm guessing it's not to advanced.

Has anyone managed to add a throttle instead of pas to a 2017/18 cyclamatic pro power plus?.

LCD display has 9 pas levels, I believe it's the same as the C965.

Many thanks in advance..

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can't plug a throttle into the PAS connector, nor anywhere else unless you have the one into four cable. Is yours a one into three? You have to get a new controller, 1 into 4 acble, LCD and PAS from Aliexpress.

Reactions: mxer

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
That's great thanks for your quality time vfr400 much appreciated.

Oh so looks like I'm wasting my time trying to fit a throttle, shame:(.

I like the idea of the controller built in the battery holder, I'm guessing I'd have to go with a separate controller to have a throttle.

If there's any links I could have a look at or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can buy replacement controllers that fit in the battery and have the same waterproof connectors. Count the number of pins on the LCD cable where it connects to the controller. Maybe all you need is the 1 into 4 cable.

Reactions: mxer

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
So I need a new controller and LCD display to enable a throttle?..

The controller only has 3 cables out of it
1, main hub motor cable
2, LCD
3, Pas

Really appreciate your input, can you give me a rough estimate to enable a throttle.

LCD cost and controller?..

If it's over £100 I don't think I'll bother, lol.

Thanks again vfr400:)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Count the pins on your LCD connector at the controller end.

What do your brakes plug into?
Are there three connectors at the handlebars - 2 for the brakes and one for the LCD?

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
LCD connection is 5 pins
LCD connection controller end is 6 pins?
PAS is 3 pins controller end.

Yes too 3 cable block 2x brakes 1xlcd cable

Hope this helps?...

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You need 7 pins on the controller end to work a throttle, brakes and LCD, so that means you need a new controller, LCD, throttle and 1 into 4 cable. To guarantee compatibility, you need the brakes and PAS too. That lot will set you back about £100 because your type of controller is expensive. It would cheaper to use an external controller set from PSWPower and stick it in a bag under the saddle. That costs about £65 for everything.

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
Thanks vfr400 I'll explore pswpower but my initial response is it's probably best left alone, it's just these Pas sensors only last a few months then ware out and stop spinning, I'm currently on the second one and that's failed so super glued to crank for now,...

Thanks again for your quality input

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
Don't know if this is a clue but my built in controller says

"Throttle adjustment voltage 1.4v to 4.4v" why would they "throttle adjustment" on a controller that is PAS only?.

Is it worth pulling apart having a look inside?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can have a look, but I'd be surprised if you find anything. The throttle wire would go to an extra pin on the main cable connector so that it could use the 1 into 4 cable. It wouldn't make sense for them to run a separate cable for a throttle.

It might have the software in it and might work if you could identify the pad to connect the signal wire to so that you can add your own throttle connector. Maybe someone who has the same controller but with a throttle can tell you which pad it's connected to.

If it's the same as the last one I looked at, it'll be a grey wire.

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
Very true on the sense wire, I now understand 4 into 1 cable lol...

I need to open up the controller anyway to solder the shunt, while I'm there I'll have a dig around. Thanks vfr you've been great!!...:)

odeaga

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 5, 2016
I have been working on just throttle for years,a simple £10 clutch from ali express,download the wiring diagram ,rewire the new throttle to replace the old one