Cyclamatic/rattling back spokes

PJK

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi, I've just had my new Cyclamatic 'safety checked' at the local bike shop in Crediton. They think the rattling noise it makes when ridden are the spokes on the back wheel. Is this a common problem with cyclamatics? Is it a long job to get them tightened?I see from other posts that squeaky front brakes are a common problem. My new bike squeaks loudly. Is there a good on-line bike spares sites whre I could purchase shimano calipers and brake pads mentioned. I know someone who might be able to fit them for me. Apart from these teething problems I'm really enjoying riding the bike. A friend who has an electric Giant gave it a test ride the other day and she said it felt the Cyclamatic felt more powerful on pedal assist. PJK

D

Deleted member 4366

Loose spokes seems to be a common problem. Get yourself a spoke key for a couple of quid and go round the rim tightening every spoke 1/4 turn at a time until it's moderately difficult to turn the key. If your wheel goes out of true and you don't know how to fix it, take it to the bike shop and ask them to do it. Should cost about a tenner max,.

delboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2011
Hi, I've just had my new Cyclamatic 'safety checked' at the local bike shop in Crediton. They think the rattling noise it makes when ridden are the spokes on the back wheel. Is this a common problem with cyclamatics? Is it a long job to get them tightened?I see from other posts that squeaky front brakes are a common problem. My new bike squeaks loudly. Is there a good on-line bike spares sites whre I could purchase shimano calipers and brake pads mentioned. I know someone who might be able to fit them for me. Apart from these teething problems I'm really enjoying riding the bike. A friend who has an electric Giant gave it a test ride the other day and she said it felt the Cyclamatic felt more powerful on pedal assist. PJK
I cured front brake squeak by toeing out brake blocks, also had rattle from battery touching frame upright, this was sorted with a rubber buffer pad stuck on frame , lovely & quite now, just the rush of the wind !!!

PJK

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2011
OK. Thanks will also check to see if the battery is touching the upright