Cycle computer stops working with new lights

ady347

Pedelecer
Oct 30, 2012
Strange one, when I put my new cree t6 bike light on full beam my wireless computer stops working, when I switch to dip it starts working again? Is this a common problem?
Only fitted new light today but its deffo this causing the problem to my trip computer

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Apparently this has been an issue of late since the introduction of the T6 in certain areas which can cause localised interference with covert CID/MI6 transponder cuni-waveform output. Best not use it at full beam or you'll have the 'boys in blue' at the doorstep anytime soon! Best regards hech.

ady347

Pedelecer
Oct 30, 2012
Is it really that bright, mine is mounted on left side and points downwards and more away from traffic than anything. I was using full beam where theirs no street lights on dark country roads

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
I had a wireless bike computer once which I threw out presumeably because it didnt work very well. Perhaps it was a similar interference issue with the 3 speed switch on the handlebar? I believe the T6 is a good, bright and sensibly priced solution to the darkness problem around these isles at this time.

Advertisers