Cyclezee conversion kit.

Archer68

Just Joined
Jun 1, 2019
I bought a Cyclezee conversion kit for my wifes bike in 2016. Last week while cycling in north Yorkshire, she complained about "difficulties" in pedalling while going up inclines. Also that the power delivery was not constant but surging. I rode the bike for an hour or so and confirmed the "sympoms. I would like to have the hub motor tested (on front wheel) and the controller system. I live in warrington. Can anyone recommend a retailer that carrys out such tests. Your help would be appreciated.
Regards
Archer68

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi from a fellow Ezee rider.
It's probably not the motor, they are pretty bullet proof. First thing I would look at would be the pas disc. Is it firm on the bottom bracket axle? There needs to be a gap between the disc and sensor of 1-5mm max. If the disc wobbles it may go too far away from the sensor, or if it is loose on the axle it may stop turning so causing a loss of power.
Is there any vibration or extra noise from the motor?
If so check the motor connector. This is in the small black box on the fork. The 3 phase connector is a square black rubber like connector. Mine showed heat damage (distortion) and one of the connectors was severly heat damaged. Replaced it with XT60 conector - less noise, smooth power delivery, got rid of power cutouts from controller over heating.

Last thing for now, is power delivery smooth when using the throttle?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The chance of finding a bike shop that will deal with it is very slim. I think you'll need to fix it yourself.