Cyclezee Torque Arms

C

Cyclezee

Due to the increased popularity of our torque arms / torque plates, we are now manufacturing in greater quantities.

This means savings for us in unit manufacturing costs.

Therefore we are passing this saving on to customers by reducing the retail price of a set from £9.95 to £8.50, this price includes free delivery within the UK.

Based the popularity and feedback we receive from customers around the world, we believe they are the best made and best value on the market.

They are available for both 12mm and 14mm hub motor axles here on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261733254617?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

12mm axle version
DSC_0014 copy.jpg
14mm axle version
DSC_0015.JPG

Reactions: EddiePJ

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
the previous set of torque arm sold by you were absolutely not strong enough. It wasn't hardened metal which caused motor axle to spin through the hole over time...

has that been corrected now?

D

Deleted member 4366

the previous set of torque arm sold by you were absolutely not strong enough. It wasn't hardened metal which caused motor axle to spin through the hole over time...

has that been corrected now?
Did you use a 12mm axle in a 14mm slot? They will all spin if you do that. I had double 14mm torque arms on a BPM motor, but the axle still turned.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I'm not sure. I think it was 12mm.

I changed since to the ones from bmsbattery and drbass ones and no problem since then

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I think torque arms need hardened steel. Drbass ones are a bit more costly but a real peace in mind

D

Deleted member 4366

Even the BMSB ones can't stop the axle from twisting if you put a 12mm axle in the 14mm slot. You would think that the steel would be strong enough to hold it, but it isn't.

Both the Cyclezee and BMSB ones are hardened. Try and drill them. You need a 5% cobalt drill.

C

Cyclezee

Hi cwah,

The original torque arms that you bought in March 2012 were not manufactured by us, only available in one size for 14mm axles and quite adequate for 250w motors.

The ones that we now sell are manufactured locally by an engineering firm who makes parts for the Mercedes, Red Bull and other F1 teams.

They are made from hardened steel are thicker, much stronger, suitable for high powered motors and come in two sizes, for 12mm and 14mm axles.

We have sold several hundred sets worldwide and not had any reports of problems.

If you send me your address and axle diameter by email to cyclezee@gmail.com I will send a set free of charge.

Should any other customer has a problem or concern about the original type, please return them and they will be replaced with our own Cyclezee ones free of charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Hi cwah,

The original torque arms that you bought in March 2012 were not manufactured by us, only available in one size for 14mm axles and quite adequate for 250w motors.

The ones that we now sell are manufactured locally by an engineering firm who makes parts for the Mercedes, Red Bull and other F1 teams.

They are made from hardened steel are thicker, much stronger, suitable for high powered motors and come in two sizes, for 12mm and 14mm axles.

We have sold several hundred sets worldwide and not had any reports of problems.

If you send me your address and axle diameter by email to cyclezee@gmail.com I will send a set free of charge.

Should any other customer has a problem or concern about the original type, please return them and they will be replaced with our own Cyclezee ones free of charge.
Yes could you send a replacement one? The previous ones killed my dahon jetstream dropout. I was really really annoyed and changed to drbass one.

I think I purchased 2 or 3 sets from you and I ended up putting them all in the bin. But I'd be interested to see if these one can handle the BPM torque.

Thank you

C

Cyclezee

Yes could you send a replacement one? The previous ones killed my dahon jetstream dropout. I was really really annoyed and changed to drbass one.

I think I purchased 2 or 3 sets from you and I ended up putting them all in the bin. But I'd be interested to see if these one can handle the BPM torque.

Thank you
Hi cwah,

I have checked my records and I can see that you bought one set in March 2012 and another in set a year ago in February 2014.

I don't accept your comment that they "killed" your Dahon dropout.
From what I have seen and read your bikes seem to have a habit of breaking.

I am happy to send you 2 sets free of charge but as I said earlier I need to know the axle diameter and your delivery address which you can send by email.

One last thing, if you were not happy with what you bought why didn't you contact me personally at the time by phone or email?

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Hi cwah,

I have checked my records and I can see that you bought one set in March 2012 and another in set a year ago in February 2014.

I don't accept your comment that they "killed" your Dahon dropout.
From what I have seen and read your bikes seem to have a habit of breaking.

I am happy to send you 2 sets free of charge but as I said earlier I need to know the axle diameter and your delivery address which you can send by email.

One last thing, if you were not happy with what you bought why didn't you contact me personally at the time by phone or email?
Hello, sorry for that.

It actually really enlarged the bike dropout and motor did spin on itself which also caused damage to my BPM wiring (still at home as a spare). I didn't have time to repair it but it's in my to do list.

I didn't contact you because I couldn't see anything you could do to help. Obviously I wasn't going to order another set and getting refunded on 10 quid was the least of my concern. If you tell me you can help me to repair my damaged BPM it would be another story ;)

I'm however also interested in new product that's why I'd like to try a 12mm dropout set, if you are ok with this. I'm going to send you my address via email.

Thank you

C

Cyclezee

Hello, sorry for that.

It actually really enlarged the bike dropout and motor did spin on itself which also caused damage to my BPM wiring (still at home as a spare). I didn't have time to repair it but it's in my to do list.

I didn't contact you because I couldn't see anything you could do to help. Obviously I wasn't going to order another set and getting refunded on 10 quid was the least of my concern. If you tell me you can help me to repair my damaged BPM it would be another story ;)

I'm however also interested in new product that's why I'd like to try a 12mm dropout set, if you are ok with this. I'm going to send you my address via email.

Thank you
Hi cwah,
Enlarging the dropout was asking for trouble, the motor axle should always be a nice snug fit.
I am more than happy to send you a couple of 12mm torque arm sets so just send and email to cyclezee@gmail and I will get some in the post.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I didn't want to enlarge the dropout. The torque arm failed and resulted in enlarged dropout because axle spined inside...
I'm sending you the email now

C

Cyclezee

I didn't want to enlarge the dropout. The torque arm failed and resulted in enlarged dropout because axle spined inside...
I'm sending you the email now
Hi cwah,

I'm sending you 2 x 12mm sets today by 1st class post.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
With one or two exceptions, I'm not overly fond of the attitude of many of the dealers who contribute to this forum.

CYCLEZEE, deserves much credit for his customer service and his demeanour on the forum. He must have the patience of a saint and like ajb9, I would certainly not ignore his business if in the market for another EAPC.

Tom

C

Cyclezee

With one or two exceptions, I'm not overly fond of the attitude of many of the dealers who contribute to this forum.

CYCLEZEE, deserves much credit for his customer service and his demeanour on the forum. He must have the patience of a saint and like ajb9, I would certainly not ignore his business if in the market for another EAPC.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your comments;)

C

Cyclezee

Now available, Cyclezee V3 Star Torque Arms in 2 sizes for 12 and 14mm diameter axles.

They are manufactured in the UK from 4mm thick hard stainless steel.

Our star type torque arms allow micro angle adjustment for fitting in a wide variety of situations for front or rear hub motors.

The free end of the arm can be secured with a hose clamps or 'P' clips which are readily available in a variety of sizes from good hardware stores or online.

They are priced at £12.75 including free delivery within the UK and can be purchased through our eBay listing here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Torque-Arms-Drehmomentstutzen-for-Electric-bikes-e-bikes-Pedelecs-/251882245061?

For 12 mm axles
DSC_0019.JPG
For 14 mm axles
DSC_0021-001.JPG
An example fitted to a rear hub motor
DSC_0019-001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Hi,

I read that on a rear kit, one torque arm only is usually enough for a motor like a Bafang CST HT, which suggests to me that there might be a 'correct' side for it to go on - yet I can't find which side that is. Would you know please?

Many thanks, Jonathan

C

Cyclezee

Hi Jonathan,

There is not a right or wrong side to fit a torque arm, just so long as it is fitted properly and prevents axle rotation within the dropouts.

Cyclezee have two different types with a 12mm and 14mm version of each as shown below.
DSC_0014 copy@1.jpg DSC_0015@0.JPG DSC_0019-002.JPG DSC_0037.JPG

Reactions: jonathan75