Cyclocity 1000W rear wheel conversion kit - installation instructions?

Ian C

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2015
Hi all!

I've just taken delivery of the above kit and now I'm feeling a little stupid - I assumed that the kist would come with instructions but it doesn't. I have the pedal assist and LCD computer, no idea how to tackle fitting it all. Can anyone advise me or point me in the right direction?

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 4366

http://cyclotricity.com/support/

The wire from the motor has to exit downwards.

Use at least one torque arm on your axle. Anchor it properly. If you show us your drop-outs and the torque arm, we can give more specific advice.

The rest is pretty easy. You might have to file your drop-outs, wspecially if you had a QR rear wheel.

If it's a bottle battery, consider adding a third clinch nut (rivnut) to your frame to hold it more securely.

Rik D

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2015
Cardiff
Theres loads of online guides includeing you tube videos , just search it !

Ian C

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2015
I did search it and came up with nothing that gave me enough confidence to have a go myself. It's a real shame that Cyclocity can't just provide the information themselves as nothing else I can find relates specifically to their products in any user friendly way. If there was that much information available then maybe their website should point customers in the right direction.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi
I don't want to sound rude, but if you are not sure how to fit a kit, why did you buy one, it may have been a better idea to buy a e-bike and not a kit.
There are lots of info on the tinternet on how to fit the kit, it may be best to have a read up on some sites or just take to a bike shop and get them to fit the kit for you.

Ian C

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2015
My reasons aren't at all relevant to the question, but since you ask, I bought a kit because I don't want a new bike, I'm quite happy with the one I've got. I just assumed that like any kit it would come with installation instructions. In fact had I bought the front wheel conversion kit then my assumption would have been correct. It seems pretty lousy that they charge £850 for it and can't even provide instructions.

Having failed to find any useful instructions anywhere I've given up - it's going to the bike shop tomorrow after work. Should be fully electrified by the end of Friday :)

D

Deleted member 4366

It's almost impossible to provide specific instructions because every donor bike is different. Their generic instructions are provided on their website.I gave you the link in an earlier post. What exactly don't you have an instruction for?

Ian C

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2015
I wouldn't worry about it, it was probably just me being stupid. Judging by the other comments I'm in a minority anyway. It just seemed to me that pointing me at the installation instructions for a basic front drive kit doesn't really cut it when I have a rear drive kit with all the trimmings. Anyway, as I said in a previous post, I've arranged for it to be fitted by my local bike shop, they're fitting it today so I should be fully electrified by the end of the day. I should just say that having had a look through the kit I'm very impressed with the quality of the parts and I'm sure I made the right choice, just maybe bit off more than I could chew when it came to putting it all together!