Cyclone 3 Chainwheel Motor Kit

Mark Barraclough

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2014
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Anyone had one of these kits from Eclispebikes.com that can give me a little feed back as to if they are any good. I am looking at the 24v 360w kit in particular as the poor 3E Urban has been getting hammered pretty hard up and down the Calder Valley here in West Yorkshire and I think it may be time to look at upgrading to my second Ebike and converting my Trek 7100 Hybrid to a mid drive. I was thinking about the following although they do have some drawbacks as far as my limited knowledge can see.

http://eclipsebikes.com/chainwheel-watt-ebike-p-976.html

possibly with

http://eclipsebikes.com/eclipse-commute-12ah-headway-lifepo4-battery-p-903.html

It doesn't seem to have any form of PAS or brake cut offs and I'm not sure about having to have my thumb stuck on a leaver all day. I have contacted them with several questions about modifications, such as adding a sensor and possibility or a LCD with a few levels assists.

I could be way off the mark, as I said my knowledge is limited, and cost is a huge issue. I am looking to keep it under £600 but get the feeling I may be being optimistic.

Anyhow, thanks for reading / replying. any comments suggestion are grateful.

Mark B

D

Deleted member 4366

Headway batteries are very heavy. IMHO, they have no place on an electric bicycle. Modern alternatives are half the weight for the same capacity. A Cyclone kit is still a good choice if you have a recumbent or long bike, but for a normal bicycle, the BBS01/2 would be much better.

Why are you considering the Cyclone?

Mark Barraclough

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2014
Halifax, West Yorkshire
simply for the chain set, I haven't seen anyone else (so far) offering a system that come with one that allows you to keep your full gear range, or from the look of it at least some of them. the bafang ones as far as I can see lose the entire front gearing.