Cyclotricity 250W/1000W 48V Rear Drive eKit Fitting Installation

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
Firstly, check the freewheel is seated on the hub correctly and tightened down. If you still have a clearance issue, add a washer. You will need to check frame clearance for the chain as well, as it passes over the smallest cog on the freewheel. One other thought - is the motor axle designed for a 7-speed freewheel? All the hubs I have come with a locking nut - you may be missing this nut?

Mugatu78

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 6, 2020
Hi i have same problem and cylotricity habe a 3 day min reply wait at moment and no phone service, i hv same kit and 8 spd freewheel which is hitting the dropout surely shoukd hv a spacer to make clearance. Other side is v tight also no room to run the cable it seems unless i bend forks out and fit washers, anyone able to advise please. Would be greatly appreciated

Mugatu78

May 6, 2020
Firstly, check the freewheel is seated on the hub correctly and tightened down. If you still have a clearance issue, add a washer. You will need to check frame clearance for the chain as well, as it passes over the smallest cog on the freewheel. One other thought - is the motor axle designed for a 7-speed freewheel? All the hubs I have come with a locking nut - you may be missing this nut?
Hi its a freewheel not a cassette i had a cassette on my other bike it has lockring to my knowledge a freewheel doesnf but i reallg have no clue jusy what ive seen online, it def looks like theres a thick spacer missing to me but trying to contact them and getting a reply is nightmare. Gutted tbh

Mugatu78

May 6, 2020
Hi i have same problem and cylotricity habe a 3 day min reply wait at moment and no phone service, i hv same kit and 8 spd freewheel which is hitting the dropout surely shoukd hv a spacer to make clearance. Other side is v tight also no room to run the cable it seems unless i bend forks out and fit washers, anyone able to advise please. Would be greatly appreciated
Here are some pictures

Attachments

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
Out of interest, what’s the gap between your rear dropouts?

All my threaded motor hubs have a spacer and locking nut on the drive side. I don’t see any on your hub?

Reactions: Mugatu78

Mugatu78

May 6, 2020
Hi there thanks. Yeah i habe 135mm gap. The one on old bike is a cassette it has a locking but this screwon type freewheel doesng seem to hv one?... Confused

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
You won’t have a locking ring on a freewheel, since it screws onto the hub. You need a spacer and locking nut to provide the gap between the small cog, chain and frame. The axle lock nuts are usually 4mm deep and I can’t quite see deep enough into the freewheel to see how big your spacer needs to be. You need a couple of mm gap between the chain on the smallest ring and the frame to be safe and avoid chain rub on the frame.

Mugatu78

May 6, 2020
Awesome thanks very much. So if i find nuts to use as spacers it wont matter if it pusbes the forks out a bit? They do have a bit of flex on them.... Im in 2 minds wether 2 try a 6 or 7 speed freewheel to create a bit more room if they are thinner than the 8, i only went with an 8 spd freewheel as its what was on the bike and thought it would be easier not fo play around with the gearing

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
7 would be better if your in the UK I will look at home I think I might have some think washers I mailed out I will have a look and posted to you or pm your number for what's app

Mugatu78

May 6, 2020
7 would be better if your in the UK I will look at home I think I might have some think washers I mailed out I will have a look and posted to you or pm your number for what's app
Wow that would be great thanks. I mayne order a 7 speed then i was just worried if i changed the amount from 8 that was originally om bike it wouldnt shift gear properlhly or chain would come off or something

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
You may need to change your shifter if you switch speeds on the freewheel.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
7spd shifter won't do 8 jumps.

Mugatu78

May 6, 2020
Ok so wee update, i used a nut as a spacer and pulled fhe forks out a. Bit, got it all going. Cant get good position for torque arms and gorque washer didnf really locate in dropout, too shallow and wld need to take about 10mm out to get it in which wld take me right thru the frame its r8ght down into the drop out and gling to get or make betger torque arms for both sides. Got thw torque washer on one side as it has a metak insert the othef is just cut into the frane so is shallower so tab cant get down into dropout, assuming will be ok with torque arms on noth sides and the axle as flats in the dropouts aswell. Surely that wld hold wheel under torque.....?

Reactions: Ferdens

Mugatu78

May 6, 2020
Anyone able to forward me the derestriction instructions from cyclotricity. Signed ghe waiber and sent it nk and they sent me a broken pdf file that wont open. Its like oulling teeth getting a repky feom them at the moment