Dawes ARC ii 2020 rebuild

Welly_59

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2019
We have life!

I've spliced in the original hall sensor plug to the new controller, hooked up power, 3 phase, throttle and LCD.

Press the power button and the LCD lit up. Pressed the throttle and the wheel turned!

Tomorrow now I will swap the plugs on the brake and Pas sensors and we should be good to go after a tidy up of the wiring and configuration via the lcd

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Good show, soldering direct and heat shrinking is a permanent reliable connection to use.

Tuck10

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2020
Hi there I’m new to ebikes and have a very similar bike to this with the same components etc I am looking to add a thumb/twist throttle is this possible to the standard motor at all? If so how?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi there I’m new to ebikes and have a very similar bike to this with the same components etc I am looking to add a thumb/twist throttle is this possible to the standard motor at all? If so how?
It doesn't matter what motor you have - they all work the same with the same wires. What's important is the motor controller. Without knowing what bike and controller you have, we can't help.

Tuck10

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2020
It’s a rok model1 I’ve been told it’s the exact same as the Dawes arc2 apart from brakes

lukesy

Just Joined
Sep 25, 2021
We have life!

I've spliced in the original hall sensor plug to the new controller, hooked up power, 3 phase, throttle and LCD.

Press the power button and the LCD lit up. Pressed the throttle and the wheel turned!

Tomorrow now I will swap the plugs on the brake and Pas sensors and we should be good to go after a tidy up of the wiring and configuration via the lcd

lukesy

Just Joined
Sep 25, 2021
Welly_59 , how did this all go in the end and did you end up doing the battery swap? I'm thinking of a similar mod -

Advertisers