Dawes Boost City Ladies Electric Bike 2012

rooel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2007
Does anyone know anything about the Dawes Boost City Ladies Electric Bike 2012? It seems remarkably cheap for £799 rrp and £720 discounted, yet has a reasonable specification with rear wheel brushless motor, six speed derailleur, throttle and pedelec, 24 volt, 10 amp Li-on battery.

Dawes is a famous name but now no more than a badge. Who bought out the name and who imports and or manufactures electric bikes bearing that name?

My wife is thinking of buying one.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
24v accounts for the slightly cheaper price.

Jerry

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Looks like excellent value and easily comparing with other brands at similar prices. The question mark as ever is that of support and the future availability of batteries for that carrier mount, things more assured with the likes of Juicybike, Kudos and CycleZee with similar priced bikes.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi I can recommend The Promo Step through from Ezee from £750 with a 2 year warranty good solid bike You can chose the size off battery and Upgrade from 36 volt 10AH to 36 volt 14 ah for longer range

Cyclezee Ltd - Home

Hope this helps

Frank

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Hi I can recommend The Promo Step through from Ezee from £750 with a 2 year warranty good solid bike You can chose the size off battery and Upgrade from 36 volt 10AH to 36 volt 14 ah for longer range

Cyclezee Ltd - Home

Hope this helps

Frank
Frank

Its great that you contribute and I have seen other posts from you saying things like: "I can recommend ......."

But on what basis can you recommend a particular bike? Take the Promo Step Through above for instance. Have you owned one? Lived with it? Do you know all of its quirks, good points and its bad points?

It would be nice to see the recommendations qualified in some way. For example..."I can recommend Bike Y because........."

I could just come on here and say, "The bike which suits your requirements is a...." I don't do this though because I don't really know what I am talking about and have very little experience of bikes apart from the model which I happen to own. Making such bold and confident statements could also sway someones purchasing decision in the wrong direction.