Help! Dc/Dc converter

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Oh dear! What a maelstrom I unleashed by a simple question about lights. I’ll stick to AAA lights in the future!
It's not your fault ! Nor would it matter much what you posted . We seem to have, somehow, collected a part Donald Trump/part Russian AI disinformation machine as a poster .

I have blocked them so I don't even see their posts anymore. But it is clear the Trump has trumped all over this thread

Reactions: ebiker99

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Oh dear! What a maelstrom I unleashed by a simple question about lights. I’ll stick to AAA lights in the future!
We need more people with questions like yours to keep us entertained. Get the popcorn in, then ask about the best brakes, whether crank drive is better than hub-motor, derailleur gears vs hub gears, helmets or illegal bikes.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thats probably a good decision anyway, as many bikes batteries switch themselves off when the battery "says" its empty. (Simply to prevent battery damage!)
Some bikes allow the rear light only for a time.
After it happened to me some years ago, I always had AA and AAA battery driven lights, as an "optional extra", with rechargeable cells. Never ever regretted it.
I actually nowadays use a rear light, hidden under the saddle, with a USB charging cable, remote control (433MHz), that has a very loud alarm if the bike is even touched when active....Not expensive either!
Have a great day and regards from
Andy

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It's not your fault ! Nor would it matter much what you posted . We seem to have, somehow, collected a part Donald Trump/part Russian AI disinformation machine as a poster .

I have blocked them so I don't even see their posts anymore. But it is clear the Trump has trumped all over this thread
Oh come on Kirsten! We didn't get to the bit where "don't buy a light with a decent beam for the road, get one from China because it is cheap" and "my lumens are bigger than your lumens", "yes but yours are Chinese lumens..." ad nauseum.

• :D
Reactions: ebiker99