De-restrict Daimler Mercedes Smart e-bike

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Hi, just purchased a smart ebike, did you find a 20 tooth sprocket? Also the pro chip mod, would you recommend ???
Thanks
Hi, Never found a 20 tooth sprocket but would definitely recommend the pro chip if you can find one.
It transforms the bike and does away with the horrendous drag a 15 mph.
I sold that bike to a relative who still uses it daily.
I think you need to be careful how much you spend on the smart bike as I understand that spare parts are hard to find.
Enjoy it!
Izzy

Trickydicky123

Just Joined
Aug 13, 2020
View attachment 15953
The ProChip dongle arrived in this mornings post I read the instructions and apprehensively plugged it in. Eureka! Everything went as it should then I went for a ride and can report the bike is transformed and now a pleasure to ride. However I am still smarting a bit from the cost and now could do with a smaller 20 tooth rear sprocket. Anybody got one?
Hi,
Sorry if I sound dumb- I'm not technical but, where is the donglemplugged in and does it have a negative effect on battery life?
Thanks

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
does it have a negative effect on battery life?
If you take significant advantage of the dongle it will certainly reduce battery life. If you keep riding below 15.5mph it shouldn't, but once you go above that rather than no assist (all up to you) you will be using lots of assist and lots of battery.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you take significant advantage of the dongle it will certainly reduce battery life. If you keep riding below 15.5mph it shouldn't, but once you go above that rather than no assist (all up to you) you will be using lots of assist and lots of battery.
I think he means life-time of the battery, not range from one charge.

It won't have any significant affect on the life-time of the battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A dongle only fools the speed limit by making the system think it is only going half speed so you can ride a lot faster, in doing so the battery range is half. It doesn't increase the watts power of the drive.

Advertisers