Dead battery

mikebishop

Just Joined
May 16, 2011
I am new to Pedelecs but have had a Whisper 705 for over a year. Recently I had to be away for a couple of months and although I kept my battery in the house it is now completely dead and won't recharge. Is there any way of bringing it back to life (or acquiring a pre-owned/reconditioned battery)?

Grateful for any help on this.

mikebishop

eBikes London Support

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 12, 2011
Hi Mike
we can help with recons , talk to Sam on number below
Dermot

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Oh no - poor you. This must be why there are posts on this forum about ensuring you charge the battery at least once a month during the winter.

Poor you!

I am new to Pedelecs but have had a Whisper 705 for over a year. Recently I had to be away for a couple of months and although I kept my battery in the house it is now completely dead and won't recharge. Is there any way of bringing it back to life (or acquiring a pre-owned/reconditioned battery)?

Grateful for any help on this.

mikebishop

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wisper advise a recharge every six weeks at least when standing idle.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Mike are you sorted now, it may simply be a fuse!

As long as the battery was charged before you left the bike for a couple of months there will no be a problem. A completely depleted battery left for two months can cause problems. Hence we advise charging every 6 weeks,.... just in case.

All the best

David

Regards

David

mikebishop

Just Joined
May 16, 2011
Thanks for this Dermot. Having fiddled with the charger fuse, it sprang to life and the battery now seems to have recharged OK. I'll keep your detaiuls for future reference!

Mike

mikebishop

Just Joined
May 16, 2011
Thanks for this, David. I don't know if was the fuse or the fuse holder. Having fiddled with the charger fuse, it sprang to life and the battery recharged. It was charged before we went away, but we were away for three months, which made recharging as recommended impractical!

Best wishes,
Mike

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Mike, as long as it was not left flat for three months it will be fine. It sounds as if you may still need to change the charger fuse.

All the best

David