[Dec 26, 2016] Boxing Day Warwickshire Ride to blow away the Yule Cobwebs (Warwickshire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I'm hopeful I can persuade a punter or two to join me on the ride starting from Warwick Station taking in The South Warwickshire countryside and some landmarks en route.

Route proposal here.

Setting out about 11am to make the most of what little daylight there is then.

These landmarks are:
  • Hampton Lucy village
  • Loxley Norman church
  • Charlecote Park
  • Stratford-upon-Avon (though I'm not intending to make this a Bard-themed trip
  • The Edstone aqueduct - England's longest, I'm told
And then back to Warwick.

Some caveats:
  • If the weather is awful, I'm not going! Cold I can tolerate to a point, but not rain.
  • Last time I did the ride there were bridge repair works that blocked the route near Sherbourne and enforced a detour along the A429 that was no fun at all. I shall reroute if the works aren't finished by Boxing Day.
  • There are some canal towpath stretches. Chances are these will be muddy. Be prepared to get your pride and joy messed up.
  • I'm thinking of a c.15MPH average speed with one or two refreshment stops. In pubs. Maybe a photo stop or two as well.
  • I'll assume you will be kitted out in the eventuality of punctures, etc. and have batteries able to last the whole route. I'm sure we can all help out with minor repairs thobut.
  • Feel free to join in Stratford-u-A or along the route, but keep me posted
  • There is some free parking at Warwick Station, but not much. I'm not sure if the powers that be will be charging for parking on the main Station Approach road. I'll see if I can find out.
  • For those of you not driving, the nearby Wild Boar pub is a very decent, post-ride place to warm up. If open.
I'll hopefully see some of you in just under a month.

Andy

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
The Sherbourne roadworks are due to finish on 23/12. Watch this space...

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
No takers? Well, I've had an alternative offer for Boxing Day, so unless there's firm interest, I'll do this another day when the weather's probably better...

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
There are two stipulations: a 15MPH average speed (easily achievable) and a common-sense 'be prepared' one. Is that too many?

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
An administrator or the event organizer has deleted this event from the system.

This thread has now been automatically locked.

• Informative
Reactions: Croxden
Status
Not open for further replies.