decent puncture resistant tyre or slim wrong section cant delete

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
hi as title says in middle of building my conversion while im waiting. il change tyres its a cube sl road hybrid tyres on it are Schwalbe CX Comp, 40x622

Rims: Rims: CUBE ZX20, 32H, Disc

Front Hub: CUBE K68F

Rear Hub: CUBE K68R

any recommendations appreciated thanks

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Marathon plus tyres & Joe no flats if you get a flat just pump back up and sealed save the messing around on the road or the trail more time riding and less time fixing punctures

Joe no flats will seal up to 500 punctures at 3mm a lot cheaper then replacing tubes and patches

48 patches on amazon are £10 the sealant is the same price and would seal 500 holes a lot better for the wallet and less hassle to mess with

Sometimes i commute at night at the last thing you want really is when you are going down a dark c road with just one front light is a flat tyre going some where.much easier to use a pump and seal it then to try and find the puncture on the side of the road in the dark

• Agree
Reactions: E-Wheels

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
Marathon plus tyres & Joe no flats if you get a flat just pump back up and sealed save the messing around on the road or the trail more time riding and less time fixing punctures

Joe no flats will seal up to 500 punctures at 3mm a lot cheaper then replacing tubes and patches

48 patches on amazon are £10 the sealant is the same price and would seal 500 holes a lot better for the wallet and less hassle to mess with

Sometimes i commute at night at the last thing you want really is when you are going down a dark c road with just one front light is a flat tyre going some where.much easier to use a pump and seal it then to try and find the puncture on the side of the road in the dark

hi how much joe no flat do you put in each wheel thanks

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
hi how much joe no flat do you put in each wheel thanks
Depending on the tyre size it should be about half a bottle every tyre is different

i have a 700c wheel so half a bottle is perfect for my needs just thought i would let you know every say 4 years you do need to throw the tube away
because i have been told it does go off and you will have to buy some new Joe no flats & inner tubes and then you would be good for another four years

So roughly every four years it going to cost you about £20 to stop getting punctures in your tyres another thing i would suggest is buy some Schwalbe
inner tube they are very good at holding the pressure well

i don't think £5 a year is bad to stop you getting a flat tyre if you are like me who uses a e-bike as form of transport everywhere then to stop getting a flat and a easy method of fixing it is not really a bad price

But inside the four year period you are good for about 500 punctures

This year i have only had one puncture which was in January where a big thorn went through and straight into the tube pulled it out quick blast of co2 then i was back on the road again

Last edited:

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
Depending on the tyre size it should be about half a bottle every tyre is different

i have a 700c wheel so half a bottle is perfect for my needs just thought i would let you know every say 4 years you do need to throw the tube away
because i have been told it does go off and you will have to buy some new Joe no flats & inner tubes and then you would be good for another four years

So roughly every four years it going to cost you about £20 to stop getting punctures in your tyres another thing i would suggest is buy some Schwalbe
inner tube they are very good at holding the pressure well

i don't think £5 a year is bad to stop you getting a flat tyre if you are like me who uses a e-bike as form of transport everywhere then to stop getting a flat and a easy method of fixing it is not really a bad price

But inside the four year period you are good for about 500 punctures

This year i have only had one puncture which was in January where a big thorn went through and straight into the tube pulled it out quick blast of co2 then i was back on the road again
thanks reply what size bottle you get theres a few sizes

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
thanks reply what size bottle you get theres a few sizes
i would get a litre bottle and if you have couple of bikes or a few all of them i would say you could do 6 bikes out of a litre bottle depending of the wheel size

Depending on the wheel size you can get Joe no flats tubes ready done for you to save you mess with putting the sealant another alternative less messy way of doing all you have to do is put the tube in the tyre and it ready when you need it.

i will be honest with you after taken the valve out it takes a bit of practice to get it in the tube without creating any mess because when you have finished with putting the sealant in the tube the sealant is going to start pouring out again so you have to put the valve back on straight away or you have pretty much wasted the sealant