Decisions

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
This is the thing, I have wanted to drive a car for some time, but cannot get a license due to health problems, so for me this is the idea solution! I bought the Elran electric bike on the spur of the moment, after a 5 minute tester, although the bike was great fun, it was extremely heavy, and was made very cheaply, but still, cruising along the sea front on the cycling trial passing the motorists was a great feeling, the buses here are like 1 and hour, and almost taxi prices
The number of people that kept ashing where I got my bike from was unbelievable! there is an high interest in electric bikes, i dont think people know where to get them... i can imagine what it will be like with the quando, i'l have to write the spcecs down and where I bought it and hand them out! :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's something we all get Gaynor, constant quizzing about our bikes. My Twist with the large trailer I made is even worse, I even get stopped with queries, and now carry slips with my website twist & trailer URL on them to hand out to the majority who have internet access. Saves me a lot of time!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry Gaynor, I missed this query you posted yesterday.

That pannier set is well within the Quando II's capability and carrier size. Same span and depth as mine and just a fraction longer front to rear. They look a good buy, the sort of capacity the Dutch panniers often have.

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
That pannier set is well within the Quando II's capability and carrier size. Same span and depth as mine and just a fraction longer front to rear. They look a good buy, the sort of capacity the Dutch panniers often have.
Yet another two items just been added to my credit card list! :eek: .....think im going to have to be seated when i read out the very long list of newly purchased items, what with all those christmas presents the kids have orderd for themselfs!
Some good deals there though. I had a very large parcel came today, and thought thats my Quando! Instead it was a rarther large roboraptile. All worth it when you see those little faces light up. Oh well, patience is a virtue.
Cheers

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Tell me about it, I've easily invested over £500 in accessories since purchasing my bike, and I (think I) still need a HID front light, Dinotte rear light, Puncture Seal, new shed lock, shed alarm, shed dehumidifier (its very damp), a spare battery and 2 motor sprockets, which will easily come to another £1,000!

BUT once those items are acquired, that should be it, and I will sell my car and save £2,500 a year in commuting costs, get fitter, and be good to the environment.

Looking forward to the daily commute already :)

Gaynor

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2006
Looking forward to the daily commute already :)
What made you go for the Twist comfort in the end?
I quite like the Twists, it was resuring to read all the positives about it, and Like you (im sure it was you that said it), I would of liked to of went for the Ezee Sprint, as my first option, but as it wasnt avaiable went for the Quando 2...Talking of which I hope deliverys soon, ive non stop appoinments from monday onwards!
Have you taken any pics of your bike yet?
Wish I had could build a shed here, but would need the whole space leveled first, which would be pricey! So the bike would have to stay in the house, which is a worry since ive read that Li ion batterys dont like warm places!
Btw I hope you fixed your battery case? Shouldnt of Giant replaced that?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Don't let the battery technicalities keep on worrying you Gaynor. Li-ion batteries are fine at room temperatures when they're being used in the usual manner. Low temperatures are only needed if they are to be stored for protracted periods of months or years, since they decay whether used or not.

Since you'll be using yours, you'll be using it's life, and room temperatures won't add to that usage.

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
What made you go for the Twist comfort in the end?
I quite like the Twists, it was resuring to read all the positives about it, and Like you (im sure it was you that said it), I would of liked to of went for the Ezee Sprint, as my first option, but as it wasnt avaiable went for the Quando 2...Talking of which I hope deliverys soon, ive non stop appoinments from monday onwards!
Have you taken any pics of your bike yet?
Wish I had could build a shed here, but would need the whole space leveled first, which would be pricey! So the bike would have to stay in the house, which is a worry since ive read that Li ion batterys dont like warm places!
Btw I hope you fixed your battery case? Shouldnt of Giant replaced that?
Why did I go for the Twist, hills. There are a few really good ones around here (Stockport). I plan to try and aviod as many as I can, but I have one outside the front of my house which is hard to even walk up.

Piccies, non yet, but I assure you that I intend to.

Battery case - I am off to buy some Duck tape shortly. I spoke to the dealer and they said they had spoken to Giant already and had been assured that it wasnt an issue, and they also said that that was why they had given me a £150 discount (I had thought it was an end of line discount). Its not a big crack in the plastic, but if left unrepaired then it could get worse.

Funnily enough, I am thinking of also buying a Quando II. My wife and daughters are not tall enough to ride the Twist, and I think they are versatile and powerful.

John