Delta Batri Bike

JDO

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 19, 2017
London
Hello all,

My partner's Batri Bike - a Delta mountain bike was stolen last night from St Albans. If you are reading this having seen one advertised second hand please get in touch. I know the chance of seeing it again is low but it is not a very common bike and I thought I'd reach out here on the off chance it is seen.

thanks,

Jane

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hello all,

My partner's Batri Bike - a Delta mountain bike was stolen last night from St Albans. If you are reading this having seen one advertised second hand please get in touch. I know the chance of seeing it again is low but it is not a very common bike and I thought I'd reach out here on the off chance it is seen.

thanks,

Jane
I am really sorry to hear that......

May I recommend those rear lights with a very sensitive alarm! I have had one in use for over a year, works really well. This isin German, but you should find one where you are...
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wasserdicht-Smart-Anti-Diebstahl-Fahrrad-Rucklicht-Wireless-3in1-Alarm-LED-Licht/173036379320?hash=item2849c59cb8:g:gccAAOSw1cNaNW3~:rk:2:pf:0

Here for the UK:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-Bicycle-Tail-Rear-Light-Wireless-Remote-Control-Anti-Theft-Lock-Alarm/163309822106?hash=item260606209a:g:KVgAAOSwzIZbv6wN:rk:1:pf:0

With remote control.....
regards
Andy

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Those alarms just draw more attention, mostly from idiot kids. Surely there's a better way? Sorry about the theft, it sucks when lowlives take what you work hard for!

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Anon4 I’d be glad to hear your “Better Way” if someone is about to steal my bike I’d like to know about it in advance, and that’s what a theft alarm is all about.
Its unfortunate that bikes - any of them, are so light that they could be put in a van and driven away in seconds - which doesn’t help the image of cycling in general or e- pedaling. Taking any subsequent defensive action against such lowlives could also result in personal detention through do-gooders and police........ah ah ah!

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Those alarms just draw more attention, mostly from idiot kids. Surely there's a better way? Sorry about the theft, it sucks when lowlives take what you work hard for!
Here it drives them away!
I parked it at a bus stop with no chain and hid!! One touch and the alarm does the short alarm! Touch again and it does the long version!! One touch was enough!!
I think that the kid almost **** his pants!!!
My alarm is VERY sensitive and VERY loud.....I think that is what one needs and of course a chain through the frame and rear wheel. Around a post if possible of course. I use a thick (2.5 cm) heavy motorbike chain.
I am unable to pick the lock! (Hobby lock picker!).
Far, far better than nothing at all maybe?
regards
Andy

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Anon4 I’d be glad to hear your “Better Way” if someone is about to steal my bike I’d like to know about it in advance, and that’s what a theft alarm is all about.
Its unfortunate that bikes - any of them, are so light that they could be put in a van and driven away in seconds - which doesn’t help the image of cycling in general or e- pedaling. Taking any subsequent defensive action against such lowlives could also result in personal detention through do-gooders and police........ah ah ah!
How true!!
regards
Andy

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Here it drives them away!
I parked it at a bus stop with no chain and hid!! One touch and the alarm does the short alarm! Touch again and it does the long version!! One touch was enough!!
I think that the kid almost **** his pants!!!
My alarm is VERY sensitive and VERY loud.....I think that is what one needs and of course a chain through the frame and rear wheel. Around a post if possible of course. I use a thick (2.5 cm) heavy motorbike chain.
I am unable to pick the lock! (Hobby lock picker!).
Far, far better than nothing at all maybe?
regards
Andy
Here they keep kicking it to set it off. North east kids don't give a ****

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
They are handy if you are nearby, no use if going into a shopping centre out of earshot as I often do. I don't have a better way, I'm looking for one. For now a thick lock will have to do. I am considering insurance too, or maybe an explosive device under the saddle. Not sure which yet :D

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
They are handy if you are nearby, no use if going into a shopping centre out of earshot as I often do. I don't have a better way, I'm looking for one. For now a thick lock will have to do. I am considering insurance too
Obviously the bike must be fully disabled, padlocked to immovable objects, probably best not hidden in a car park. Place it where other people can see it!! The alarm will work far better then!!
There must also be an alarm that sends a radio signal to a receiver, not Blutooth though, as range might be very restricted. I have not found one though!!
Also on my bike I have a GPS tracker hidden in the saddle, that shows me where the bike is and where it went!! Its on 24/7.
It calls me if the bike is moved 5 yards or more. Cheap and very easy to install and program.
I haven't done it yet, but I will also be adding CCTV for our back yard with a movement alarm...
This is my alarm:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4In1-Bicycle-Bike-Security-Lock-Alarm-LED-Tail-Lights-Anti-theft-with-Remote-UK/123023825989?hash=item1ca4ca9c45:g:NsoAAOSwE9lZr9Es:rk:3:pf:0
Easily hidden IN sight!!
regards
Andy

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Andy, - I’ve just bought that one too, its from the same distributor as the one I bought previously, I do have several chains for my motorcycles - one that makes me wince to lift it because of its weight - its 3/8” thick chain links are hardened steel and cut proof and it weighs about 5lbs, prob would be effective but not the thing one would want to carry around on a bicycle!

I had seen the unit that fits under the saddle but looking at mine suggests there may not be enough room for it. We’ll see......

An alarm able to send signals would be great - but it would need a constant and unbreakable current supply that few of us would have on our bikes, also required would be a place to hide the system.
A normal motorcycle or scooter would have more ‘hiding space’ and current supply.

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Andy, - I’ve just bought that one too, its from the same distributor as the one I bought previously, I do have several chains for my motorcycles - one that makes me wince to lift it because of its weight - its 3/8” thick chain links are hardened steel and cut proof and it weighs about 5lbs, prob would be effective but not the thing one would want to carry around on a bicycle!

I had seen the unit that fits under the saddle but looking at mine suggests there may not be enough room for it. We’ll see......

An alarm able to send signals would be great - but it would need a constant and unbreakable current supply that few of us would have on our bikes, also required would be a place to hide the system.
A normal motorcycle or scooter would have more ‘hiding space’ and current supply.
The chain I previously mentioned is for home, I have another one, mounted on a carrier, on the bike, which has hardened links and with a thin coating of plastic that does not damage the paint. I feel everyone needs two one for home and one for underway. I use the alarm every time I leave the bike!!
The rear light alarm is a lot of technology for such a cheap unit. Mine has been in continuous usage since January. Still works fine.
regards
Andy

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Yes, I’ll be carrying a heavy chain (when the weather improves) I’ve found another unit - a tracker using gps + mobile phone, the unit is almost invisible plugging in to the end of the h/bar subject bar size.
Also have to make up a wire cable able to pass through the carrier, saddle and bike frame as its a folder and the saddle is easily removable.

Jim

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Yes, I’ll be carrying a heavy chain (when the weather improves) I’ve found another unit - a tracker using gps + mobile phone, the unit is almost invisible plugging in to the end of the h/bar subject bar size.
Also have to make up a wire cable able to pass through the carrier, saddle and bike frame as its a folder and the saddle is easily removable.

Jim
Sounds really good. What Android program are you going to use? If you want to know why Android is best, just ask me!!
regards
Andy

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Andy, Until now my mobile is used for phone only, don’t recieve emails or use the web on it, for that I use my pad.

Jim

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Andy, Until now my mobile is used for phone only, don’t recieve emails or use the web on it, for that I use my pad.

Jim
You can use texts, but its hard work. The best is an Android phone with an app that does all the fiddly stuff and shows the position of the tracker on a map.
The tracker does need its own SIM card, as it uses mobile phone technology to tell you where it is...
There are some really crap trackers, really cheap ones, that purport to have GPS technology, but haven't, they use GSM locating which is far too inaccurate!! In town maybe 100 meters, out of town at best 500 meters.
If its under €20, it is most likely not true GPS!!
True GPS is easily within 5 meters, or less.....assuming not in a deep car park or tunnel....I can tell when in my car, which lane on the Autobahn I am driving in!!!
regards

Andy

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Andy, Not exactly cheap at around £49 the Sherlock bike tracker, justbeen investigating my bike and can’t get the grips off - they’re glued on! so that one is out of the window, shame.
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/group-tests/find-your-stolen-bike-with-a-gps-tracker-165579

Jim
It depends on how much your bike is worth......I think that £49 is about OK myself.
I had a thicker one, that I mounted inside/under the saddle.
I ran a USB cable up the saddle post so that it was on charge any time it wished!!
There are plenty of GPS Trackers that will fit under a saddle....I used hot melt glue and wood screws, with a tie wrap for the final hold....
Or even just glue a small plastic box under the saddle.....
Many ways......
regards
Andy

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
I thought £49 sounded reasonable too, but the lowest price I can find it is £135.
Amazon has lots of cheaper ones, but who knows if they are any good?