Denmark adopts S-Pedelecs

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks to their transport minister, Denmark has become the third EU country to adopt S-pedelecs, and unusually is permitting them on normal cycle paths. Feelings are mixed about this but seem to be mainly in favour. There was an interesting spot in the radio program "You and Yours" about this and its relationship to us. The item is under 7 minutes long and runs from 16 minutes 39 seconds on the link below:

BBC i-player link

Reactions: Artstu

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Checked BBC I-player - no find!

Jim
Just click on that link I gave you Jim, goes straight to the program. If you're not signed up to the i-player yet it should allow you to do that.

P.S. If you're searching for it on another device, look for program "You and Yours", week commencing 20/1/19 for the edition titled:

Brexit Stockpiling; Leasehold Hope; Ditching Alcohol

That's just some of the items covered, the S-pedelec 7 minutes starts at 16 minutes 39 seconds in.

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Just click on that link I gave you Jim, goes straight to the program. If you're not signed up to the i-player yet it should allow you to do that.

P.S. If you're searching for it on another device, look for program "You and Yours", week commencing 20/1/19 for the edition titled:

Brexit Stockpiling; Leasehold Hope; Ditching Alcohol

That's just some of the items covered, the S-pedelec 7 minutes starts at 16 minutes 39 seconds in.
Interesting and thanks for sharing.

I was lost in trying to find it before your last post!
regards
Andy

Reactions: flecc

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Being averse to over legislation I would be quite happy with the Danish approach.
I listened to the radio show, and I agree, it would be wonderful to see a more open minded approach to all electric transport here, I'm just not sure we have the right mind set for it to work. There are far too may road uses of all types in this country that have no respect for others, esp. in our cities.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers