Help! Derestricting XT Racing E6 Electric Bicycle

Shawnwebster

Just Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Hello, I have researched everywhere but as my bike isn't well known online (but the company seems to sell out all the time so its confusing), I need help on exactly what I could do from anyone on here that would know, please!

I have an XT Racing E6 Electric Bicycle which has assisted peddling but, that isn't very good so I just use the full throttle mode. The motor is a CZJB105 36v 350W. The battery is a Li Battery 10AH. I want to be able to go faster then the restricted 25KM/H on this bike. What would I exactly need to do if its possible.

I'm willing to learn!
Kind regards
Shawn

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
It is highly unlikely that you can easily do away with the speed restriction on your bike. My initial thought is why they bothered to restrict it in the first place as the 350w motor is over the UK legal limit, but hey, who knows. I think I would first ask XT Racing if it's possible as they may cater for the US market where the speed limit is greater (20 mph).

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I joined the 50 mph club when I got my 250w restricted bike up to 53 mph. You'd be surprised at how fast the corners come at you at that speed. It's going to be really exciting on your bike. All you need to do is take your bike to Hardknott Pass, shout the derestriction code "fiftymileanhourorbust", then launch from the top. It might be a good idea to carry a bottle of water to pour on the brakes as you come down.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardknott_Pass#/media/File:Hardknott_Pass_from_Hardknott_Castle_(Roman_Fort)_-_geograph.org.uk_-_546597.jpg

Advertisers