Design our own pedelecs?

Krow

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2007
Seattle, WA
I was sniffing around the Internet tonight and found the new Panasonic Lithium mid-drive motor .

We all love and lament the passing of the twist/lite. Would it he possible to build this new unit into our own design?

I'm not sure what size order Panasonic would need to take this seriously, but it's an interesting idea, no?

thoughts?

keith.

Leonardo

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2006
www.jobike.it
Looking at the battery, it seems me the same motor of the Flyer Plus and Foldable series. The new "Premium" motor uses a special 8ah and now 10ah battery, that, I don't know why, doesn't fit for the "Plus" motor. Biketech Flyer says that the "Premium" motor is a special feature of their brand, because of an agreement with Panasonic (they gave them their pedal sensor system, if I'm not wrong). Anyway the "Plus" is a very good motor - but unfortunately "for OEM business only".

Mike Robinson

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2007
Could you just tell them you're producing a new electric bike. Ask them about their pricing structure (for 1000 or 10000 units). Then just see if they could send a few over for testing - hopefully they shouldn't won't even ask for money. Get your wife to do the call pretending to be the company secretary so it sounds a little more believable.

Krow

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2007
Seattle, WA
50cycles,

Thanks for the in-depth analysis and play-by-play on your experience!

You're right, the 1:1 ratio seems unfortunate. The bikes that Panasonic sells in Japan all seem very underpowered compared to what the UK allows (and forget comparing them to the free wheeling Americans).

Back to the drawing board!

keith.