Did you customise your first purchase?

Did you customise your first pedelec? Not talking paint colour or accessories.

• Just upped the battery.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Changed the gearing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I customised mine by returning to dealer and upgrading to a BH crank drive .

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Haven't bought one yet... :p

Reactions: EddiePJ

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
Yes , never happy , I've just got a new benelli city fold and got it home took it to bits I've put a throttle on for now and have on order a new control unit with throttle and display, bike £825 , throttle £17 , other £72 , and people call me crazy , "I'm not my mother had me tested " lol

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Mudguards, tyres, wide hand grips, gel saddle, suspension seatpost, horn and lights. The bikes felt safe enough, and I do a lot of my riding cross country, so ensuring a comfortable ride was my main priority. :)

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
The only things I kept on my bike was the back end of the frame and the rear rack.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The poll is too restrictive.

I changed one major thing not listed on my first pedelec.

I changed "all the above and more" on my third pedelec, but the poll is restricted to first pedelec.

So no entries from me.

D

Deleted member 4366

This was a nice story of modifications, starting with a bike that cost £500. I was involved with most of the changes to the electrics. It went from 250w to 500w to twin 250w motors, single to double and back to single batteries (5 in total IIRC). It had three different sets of forks, god knows how many controller mods and just about every accessory under the sun.

Coincidentally, that original motor is about to be resurrected into a new project, of which maybe details will appear soon from a well-known forum member.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/new-version-of-my-san-eagle.12198/

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
I changed mine but not that significantly.

The two best things I did was to change the grips and head stock.

Specialized Contour XC Grips and fitted an adjustable BBB head stem. Suddenly my bike feels bespoke, like it was made for me. I bought a cheap gel seat which has improved comfort, cant recommend a brand as its all personal taste. Fitted some mountain bike mud guards, not sure how effective they are so far. Under saddle bag to keep some tools in and a tube. Puncture resistant tyres, Schwalbe GT 365 Marathons. Lezyne 1100XL front light and Lezyne Strip Pro 300 rear. Also a Cube kick stand. Its taken a few months and quite a bit of cash but I feel I'm there now.

Advertisers