Difficulty finding suitable ebike for my wife

Captain_Mike

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2019
I am having great difficulty finding a suitable elkectric bike for my wife, due to some restrictive criteria that has to be met. My wife is 165cm in height and 75 years of age. The specifications that have to be met are:

Step-through gap to be as wide as possible
Battery NOT to be fitted on rack i.e.to be on the down-tube or seat-tube
Gears to be operated by twist grip.

Can anyone recommend a model that will mneet these requirements

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The first two are best met with a battery behind the seat-tube. Otherwise the battery tends to reduce the step-through width. Behind the seat tube used to be a common setup.

Several cheaper ones at https://www.e-bikesdirect.co.uk/electric-bikes/bikes-under-£700/ have that configuration. I can't vouch for any of them. (You didn't mention how much she'll ride or how much you want to pay)

You can easily change the gear grip to a twist if necessary. She might prefer hub gears, they are generally twist grip.

Also https://www.e-bikesdirect.co.uk/brands/cube/cube-town-hybrid-one-400-ladies-electric-bike-2020-iridium-black

Captain_Mike

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2019
Thank you "old fart" and "sjtp". Both very helpful. I would be prepared to pay up to £2000 to get the right bike, but the Cube Town Hybrid One looks to be a very good option to start with.

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
I am having great difficulty finding a suitable elkectric bike for my wife, due to some restrictive criteria that has to be met. My wife is 165cm in height and 75 years of age. The specifications that have to be met are:

Yes I can definitely recommend a younger model wife, this should fix it.

Samcycles

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2020
Northern Ireland

Hi Captain_Mike
I've a Cube town Hybrid very similar spec but this might meet your needs.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Bikes and e-bikes are in short supply at the moment, especially Cubes. If you are going for the ebikes direct one I'd buy pretty quickly. I've never bought from them, but general opinion here seems to think they are an OK supplier.

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
I'd also recommend the Cube Town Hybrid One 400.
Looks to be a good spec, meets all your requirements and has the added benefit of integrated lights running off the main battery pack.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
When you have it and the wife has tried it (and you too I'm sure) please post back how it goes. Enjoy.