Dillenger Electric Bikes Conversion kits

Sam458

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2014
I'm looking at purchasing a new setup since moving to the UK and keen on a 1,000W conversion kit. Has anyone over here had any experience with this mob? They've had OK reviews on endless-sphere but most of the reviews are from AUS:

www.dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk

If anyone has had any experience with them, I'd really appreciate any feedback! Keen on ordering a kit for my new bike soon!

Thanks

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Got mine today and it was a doddle to fit , everything is colour coded and keyed.
Mine is a front wheel kit and came complete with torque arm even.
Check out my thread further up.

Reactions: Sam458
D

Deleted member 4366

I hope you didn't get the one with the 1000W motor and 6aH bottle battery. UI can't quite read the markings on the controller, but the first digit is 3, so over 30 amps, which means about 10 minutes to flat battery or about 4 miles range.

Reactions: mountainsport

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
My controller
12 Mosfet type.
.P1020146.JPG

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Strangely enough the link to the 1000w 6Ah kit no longer works.
Perhaps folks are complaining about the lack of range.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I hope you didn't get the one with the 1000W motor and 6aH bottle battery. UI can't quite read the markings on the controller, but the first digit is 3, so over 30 amps, which means about 10 minutes to flat battery or about 4 miles range.
That is a little bit over ambitious on their part by pushing things too much.

MS.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Just spotted above(sorry)!
Yes it has hall sensor wires.

Will

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2014
Surrey / West Sussex, UK
I'm also looking at dillenger kit (1000w 10ah) but what puts me off is there is no UK support, no phone number, just website and a 3rd party shipping company to send the boxes out from a UK storage facility/warehouse. I guess one can phone Australia or maybe skype them for help. Comments?

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I am currently waiting for a part that failed(rpas) on my kit and after 9 e-mails they said they were sending one but no info on how long it will take.
They did say elsewhere that they will be setting up a UK customer phone service but again no timeline.
The kit itself seems great apart from a couple of loose spokes on the wheel and I am currently getting a range of 16 miles on hilly terrain riding as economically as I can with the throttle as the pedal assist has failed.
If you are in no rush perhaps you can wait till my problem is solved and then decide.
Details of my 16 mile route are here http://www.strava.com/activities/176739024

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I must admit to being amazed that anyone would be content with a kit that will only take them 8 miles!
(You need to get back home)

D

Deleted member 4366

It's the same old thing: Speed, range, weight and cost. Whichever one you want to make better, two of the others get worse. You have to find the balance that suits you.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I must admit to being amazed that anyone would be content with a kit that will only take them 8 miles!
(You need to get back home)
Agreed. Whats the point in having a powerful 1000w motor if you are constantly worried about using all your battery capacity?

I suggest that 20ah is a more suitable size for a 1kw kit.

Alternatively, come down to 500w, where I 15ah will get you 25-35 miles (ish)

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
All the pubs I frequent are within 8 miles so I am more than happy:cool:
My next project will be a smaller,more economical motor for longer distances but will still need to be able to ease my 17 stones up the 14% and steeper hills round here.
Of course I hope to be a bit fitter by next spring so that will help .
It will be a winter project so I will have plenty of time for research in the hope of getting the best I can afford.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
get a Big Bear kit, you can choose front or rear BPM motor, winding code 13, £499 with 15AH battery.
that'll pull you up 14% hills.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I was looking at those yesterday.
Think I will wait till December to buy as there may be some xmas offers about.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
What is the above kit like for tuning?
Thinking 48 volt and a better controller.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
for speed, I'd go for BBS02 48V 18A 500W. Much more flexible without the weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinninvie