Discount sites for ebikes

Paul Price

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 31, 2018
Birmingham
I have an electric bike but my wife would like to join me on my rides, however she won't be using it a lot so I don't want to spend a fortune. I got my e-bike discounted, but the brand doesn't do the same discount after I enquired today.

BUT I have come across a discount provider like Groupon, has anyone ever used the likes of hot uk deals or Savoo when purchasing an e-bike or bike. I'm a little worried it may be a scam, checked reviews and seems legit but then that isn't exactly hard to fake is it?

D

Deleted member 4366

Halfords Pendleton Somerby is quite good when you add all the discounts together. Also, those electric bikes they sell on QVC and Idealworld.tv when they put them on flash sale for £500.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul Price

montwo

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2019
Hot UK deals is absolutely legitimate, but you can't buy an ebike (or anything else) from them. People post good deals they see there, and they're voted hot (or not) by users.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Halfords Pendleton Somerby is quite good when you add all the discounts together. Also, those electric bikes they sell on QVC and Idealworld.tv when they put them on flash sale for £500.
My neighbour was always buying "bargains" from QVC a few years ago. Unfortunately, many of them proved to be items that were of dubious quality. I was left with the impression they may have been previously sold and returned for some reason as they were rarely in original packaging.

I may well be wrong about that, but I certainly would not purchase from them.

Just my personal opinion.