Doing it Myself

mabsey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 25, 2007
Well, I've been reading the forums for a while, I've looked at all the bikes and the one I really want just isn't available. Ideally I would like the following:

1) The looks of a Wisper 905e
2) A 22 inch Frame Size
3) The components of the Ezee Forza
4) Back wheel driven electric motor
5) Turbo Switch on Handlebars
6) 3 Power Options as per the Ezee Forte

Point 1 to 6 make up the bike I would like, so I guess I'm going to have to build it myself unless someone can recommend something thats going to give me most of that with the looks and frame size being important?

Mabsey

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Hi mabsey :)

Can you clarify which components of the Forza you'd like in your ideal bike? i.e. does that include it's motor for instance? If not, what spec motor would you want? :)

A rear hub motor would have different gears from a forza too: no 8 or 9 speeds possible, but as flecc says its the gear range thats important on an ebike, not the spacing.

I really don't know of any bike meets your ideal, but no harm considering the possibilities :).

Stuart.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's no e-bike anywhere that fits that spec Mabsey. A big problem where frame fit is concerned is the rear of seatpost battery mounting, which cramps the rest of the frame forward, reducing it's possible size range.

Your best chance is an unpowered bike you choose yourself, fit it with the US version 350 watt BionX motor (the UK 250 watt is too weak), and stow the battery inside the frame triangle. Not cheap of course, and a disadvantage is that the replacement batteries are expensive. Still not the F series power, but quite good, though it would have to pedalled off momentarily for a turn or so for the motor to kick in.

However, you'd have four mode power switching, including regeneration, and a rear motor. You'd only have freewheel type gear clusters, but that's not a big problem.

Canadian Cadence

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
I was going to chime in with the Bionx suggestion but I thought I might sound too much like a dealer!!
I have had my 350 for over a year and the battery seems to have the same power if not more...I know this is not very scientific but I am getting longer distances over the same track to work.....maybe I am just driving the system better.
As far as acceleration....at a stop light with my 24 speed I have the chain on the middle back sprocket and the small sprocket at the front and when in level 4 mode you rocket across the intersection with the gear changes happening on the front sprocket.....You will accelerate faster than most cars.

I am waiting for the report from extra energy ( they tested a 350) because the report AtoB gave on the 250 was very inaccurate in my view ( see I am sounding like a dealer)

I think that the 350 holds the answer to many of the needs of people on this forum needing a special frame or set up. It is too bad that dealers in the UK can not bring it in at the prices we have in Canada because when it placed on a good aluminum bike it is a superior product when compared to many of the e-bikes out there.

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
I have had my 350 for over a year and the battery seems to have the same power if not more...I know this is not very scientific but I am getting longer distances over the same track to work.....maybe I am just driving the system better.
If you have a Nimh battery that is quite possible, their capacity does increase after the first few uses.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We do have a forum member who imported the 350 watt BionX and is very pleased with it, but there's a bit of a concensus that the 250 UK version spoils the design.