Don't tell my Wisper -in love with another bike!

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
Does anyone know anything about Pedego ebikes? I've just looked at their website and have fallen in love with them , especially the nice pink one with the lovely white balloon tyres!! As far as I can tell they're only on sale in America but they look fantastic , is there any reason why our ebikes over here can't look like that (not everyone's cup of tea of course but it would be nice to see bikes with a bit of style and in colours other than grey and black, the white Alpino is the only one I've see that comes close)?:D

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Are you female or gay?Sorry ,should ask male gay as you could be the first and the latter, Just wondered..................

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
That's a very sexist remark, Bigbee, shouldn't we all be free to express our feminine side?:eek:

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I'll have you know my CB is a very fetching shade of light green. With dirt.
I can't say the colour of a bike has ever bothered me, but I'd draw the line at a pink one, I think.

androo4519

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 15, 2009
Pink

My mother used to have a 'Pink Witch' bike. But my dad painted it red and we called it the Red Bitch after that. I doubt I would be seen dead on a pink bike myself but I do think it would be nice to see a bit of colour (my own bike is grey...). I do like the retro look of white or whitewall tyres.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Giant make a range of comfort bikes in pastel colours including pink and having the tyres in matching colours. Very pretty they look too, but mainly marketed in the USA.

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
Yes Pedego are very nice and stylish. Keeping it as a secret these are close relatives of our Oxygen Bicycles:) so the quality is very good, that's guaranteed ;)

All the best

Andrew

Do you think Pedego would sell well in the UK and Europe?

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
I would definitely buy one -even if it wasn't pink!
Seriously though( :D ), I wonder what balloon tyres would be like on my Wisper, assuming they would fit.I've read that they are better than suspension for smoothing out the ride but wouldn't they have more drag and make it even more difficult to cycle without power?:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I would definitely buy one -even if it wasn't pink!
Seriously though( :D ), I wonder what balloon tyres would be like on my Wisper, assuming they would fit.I've read that they are better than suspension for smoothing out the ride but wouldn't they have more drag and make it even more difficult to cycle without power?:)
No, the Schwalbe Big Apples have quite low rolling resistance and a few members swear by them. They come in various balloon widths as you'll see in the wire bead section on this webpage below. The 26" x 2" size will be ok, and even the 2.15" probably. If your Wisper is a Sport model and doesn't have mudguards, even the 2.35 might just squeeze in.

Big Apples

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks Flecc, its a 705 se that I've got, would that make any difference? If its possible to fit them I think I will get them, comfort's definitely what I'm looking for.I wonder too though how much hassle it is to change the tyres on the Wisper. I'm a bit handless and I've only ever changed a tyre once, ages ago on an ordinary bike, is there more to it on the wheel with the motor . Sorry for all the questions!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As your bike has mudguards the 2" should be a safe bet and fit ok since it's close in size to you standard tyres.

The only thing different are the cable connections from the motor. You either need to unplug those or lay the bike on it's side and change the tyre very close to the bike using the cable slack after removing any ties holding it close to the frame. Take care not to damage the cable where it emerges from the spindle, it's easily damaged at that point.

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
I've just discovered that these bikes have just gone on sale in the UK through a company called Clean Wheels Ltd. There's a link from their website to the Pedego US site with , probably not surprisingly, lots of very good reviews and the "customize your own bike" is good fun. They seem to be at least worth a look for anyone interested in a comfy bike with a bit of style (if you don't like pink or orange there's racing green and black too and swanky cream balloon tyres if you want ) and a reasonable weight (61lbs which I think is around 24.5kg). Pity they're so new over here as its unlikely anyone will know much about them.:)

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
PS for the avoidance of doubt if I got one of these it would have to be a menage a trois as I now know I could never give up my Wisper!

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
That's a very sexist remark, Bigbee, shouldn't we all be free to express our feminine side?:eek:
Its also a homophobic comment someone saying a bike is nice does not warrant a dig at being female or gay sexuality/gander has nowt to do with it