DP C18.UART Bafang colour display problem

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Hi I have this Bafang display with my bbs01b motor. And it shows only 5 Levels of PAS ..and Eco and sport mode. well I would like the 9 Levels. I've been in the advanced settings and can't find a way to alter it..even the vendor in China says it need custom install of PAS Level..well tell me how I say..No answer yet lol. is this a common thing with this display or have they upgraded and made it so it can't be altered. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Jim

• Agree
Reactions: Zac

Zac

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 16, 2017
Avoid the standard DPC 18. You can't even do a factory reset on it or reset the total odometer. AFAIK The only version that is fully functional in 9 levels of PAS is the one that Luna sell.

I was caught out too.

Edit: the eco sports modes have no function that I have found, and I have tried hard, on a BBS HD.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Zac

Jul 16, 2017
Yes that is what this thread is about the DP C18UART. Made by Bafang. The custom programmed version Luna sell is fully functional in 9 levels of PAS and can be reset., the standard version only has 5 levels of PAS can not be reset and has eco sports modes AFAIK not usable with Bafang BBS.

The literature out there is very confusing with the Bafang website quoting 9 levels of PAS as an option, which I have had confirmed is not correct for the standard version.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes that is what this thread is about the DP C18UART. Made by Bafang.
I asked because I was offered several versions of DPC14 and DPC18 made by different factories. They have different firmware.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
looks like ebyke has one that's locked woosh do you know if the firmware can be flash upgraded as jim has a contact who is an electronics wizz with reprogram of the pic chips used to hold the hex code

Zac

Jul 16, 2017
The DPC 18 I have in front of me, the standard version, has Bafang written on the front and is version DP C18.U 2.0. On the back.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I have just had a:rolleyes: what would happen if you programed via laptop and in pedal assist page there is box to set speed by display and set pas by display
if this can be changed the default is display this might just do the trick

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
looks like ebyke has one that's locked woosh do you know if the firmware can be flash upgraded as jim has a contact who is an electronics wizz with reprogram of the pic chips used to hold the hex code
I have the programmer but not the firmware. I only start looking into stocking the DPCs, don't know much about them, that's why I asked questions. I had a small batch of DPC14, all of them were locked (you can't enter the password) and needed to send back to China for the unlocked version.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I use dpc14 which arrived unlocked it is easy to use and the features are useful. I like the analog version of the display, the watt meter function is almost like a rev counter in a car the speed limiter wheel size are easy to adjust and the password to screen 2 stops casual users from fiddling if you still want to lock the settings

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Ok thanks for the replies guys.Looks like I've opened a can of worms with this display..I will try and haggle with the vendor for a replacement as he says he does do the 9 level version of this display but says it has to be programmed to the Bafang motor...er,MM. Tell me something I don't know lol.. Anyway will this current display stop me from going in and configuring the controller in any way..obviously I can't change some things from the display but as Pete says can we change the PAS Levels from within..

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Paul chef

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
the menu on the pas page looks like this might be possible also found on the throttle page if not or you want to make easy adjustments it looks like a new display

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
the menu on the pas page looks like this might be possible also found on the throttle page if not or you want to make easy adjustments it looks like a new display
Yes mate I think your right I don't think the display will have any effect on the controller configuring..as you say it looks like another display..I think the best thing to do is try the configuring with small changes to the PAS and turn up the Keep current..and see how it goes.

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
what is the plan c961 or the dpc 14 colour
I'm gona have a play around with this as I've got nothing to lose at the moment..I'm just studying the software..then I will plug in and find out what it's all about..lol hoping to get out over the next couple of days..

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Oh nice one mate ..I've moved up now only ever use a14lb hammer now..keeps me fit swinging that around banging in track pins in machines lol..right there is nothing I can do about the display. Unless I borrow one of yours and go with that until I sort it.