Dreaded clicking

Altop1

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Lincolnshire
Hi .My beloved Hai bike sduro has started the dreaded click on the right crank. Theres nothing seemed to be loose or broken.Now is this how bigger problems begin its just i have 4months warranty left on the Yam unit.I dont want to leave it too late.The bikes done about 1400 miles.Think im right with there been 2 years on the motor.If the motor does fail whats the symptoms. Cheers.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Also check bolts on chainring are nipped up properly.

My own motor was replaced under warranty at the two year point, but I had traveled 6000 miles.

Mine was the main bearing and I could see play by applying pressure to the non chainring side crank arm and see corresponding movement in the chainring that should not happen if the bearing is good.

Altop1

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Lincolnshire
Hopefully fingers crossed creaking might have stopped.I removed pedal to have a look replaced it and it seems ok. Pedal must have been loose.Thanks for suggestions.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Noises on bikes are nearly always irritating and quite often hard to pin down. Good that you have got yours sorted.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have had a few noises in the crank area and always assume the worst, especially with all the Bosch tales of woe, well, actually there aren't many really but it sometimes seems like there are..

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Why don't you put it in for a service as we've just done, just before the 2 years are out. 2 years on motor and battery is all you get (well apart from 5 years on the frame)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Why don't you put it in for a service as we've just done, just before the 2 years are out. 2 years on motor and battery is all you get (well apart from 5 years on the frame)
service what ? no dealer can service a motor or battery even if it is a 10 quid drive bearing thats failed.

tho you do save the 45 quid for the effort of lifting the usb cable and plugin it in for a diagnostic report.:rolleyes:

Blackbird

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2018
I think he means bring it to the dealer before warranty runs out, have them check it over and if anything is out of spec they can change it before the warranty runs out.

Instead of waiting until a problem becomes bigger and going in after the warranty runs out.

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat

Related Articles

Advertisers