Drift Stealth 2 Bike Camera Going Cheap!!

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
I decided to remove my Polaroid xs100 from my helmet and move it back in to my car and then buy a smaller and more discrete helmet camera.

I kind of decided on the Drift Stealth 2 as it's reviews are pretty decent (with some issues but most things have something to dislike). £149 was around the cheapest I could find so I thought i'd take a rain check on it until I went to Drift's website to check out some technical details and found it for £99 delivered for free :D

I just thought i'd post it up here in case anyone was in the market for a decent, small and stealthy camera with wifi, 3hr battery life and a dash cam mode. I doubt the offer will last for long so if you see the price has risen or the link doesn't work then let me know please..

http://store.driftinnovation.com/uk/drift-stealth-2/?gclid=CP3XiKqxpMkCFQ63GwodAQwGjw

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Back at 149 already as I see it the camera is incomplete and extras are needed to mount the item etc. The excellent Fly12 is due out for delivery soon and at 194 is capable of 10hrs filming and will be high on my list for a new year prezzie esp if my Fly6 is any thing to go by.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
Back at 149 already as I see it the camera is incomplete and extras are needed to mount the item etc. The excellent Fly12 is due out for delivery soon and at 194 is capable of 10hrs filming and will be high on my list for a new year prezzie esp if my Fly6 is any thing to go by.
Wow! that was quick! I think I may have got a bargain then... (hopefully!). I've eyed up the Fly and thought about it as a back light/camera solution.

The Drift kit comes with a few mountings included. Two sticky pads for helmets and such things. Enough for my purposes. Maybe they had a few on offer for that price. I thought it was more likely that it was due to V3 or something like that. Cheers for the heads up. A case of bad timing then.

I'm still looking forward to it though as although the xs100 produces some pretty stellar images, it has its shortcomings which this unit kind of fills in.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Drift Stealth 2 Bike Camera Going Cheap!!
Is sometimes a sign there's a small bird stuck in it somewhere...

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not to dissimilar to the Kalkhoff owners who have clacking drive systems, I'm sure somewhere that they have a goose stuck in there some where.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't forget a little pedelec review later.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I'm slow today. I didn't get that for the while, then :D:D
Sorry Steve! I was going to follow up with others, including my computer going SPARE, but thought better of it...
This isn't the time or the place, but try walking into a bookshop and ask if they keep any books on book-keeping... or books on "shelving"...

Reactions: SteveRuss

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
I got a Drift Stealth2 as a birthday present (I'll assume @£149) last week and have just used it once but it's much better than my old chapo F9 bullet cam and compares well with my SJ4000. Records in 30 minute segments and up to 3 hours on a charge, although I have only done a 2 hour recording so far.
I'll post up a clip when I get some time to do so.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
I got a Drift Stealth2 as a birthday present (I'll assume @£149) last week and have just used it once but it's much better than my old chapo F9 bullet cam and compares well with my SJ4000. Records in 30 minute segments and up to 3 hours on a charge, although I have only done a 2 hour recording so far.
I'll post up a clip when I get some time to do so.
Sounds good. The battery life was a main appeal. I'm not expecting the world from the footage but I did like the way it handled contrast as so many cameras seem to deal with the brightness of the sky very badly leading to very dark footage of anything below the skyline.

Lardo

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2014
I bought one but returned it as despite being labelled as weather resistant the lens and lcd fogged up after a slightly drizzling ride. Once the waterproof casing is added you're better off with a gopro which is the route I ended up going. The footage was reasonable, but not great.